Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK restoration project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I bought my first 914 (1970) from California two years ago and got it shipped to the UK for restoration and it is just about finished (although I am just about to change the gearbox as not only second gear is crunching).

Had a bare paint respray, new interior, trims, chrome, re-chromed the bumpers, etc, etc. I Line X'd the targa top which I think is a great finish. I tried to respray the targa but it didn't look good.

Have had some very cold, wet and dark days in the garage in London dismantling the car and putting it back together. Now I can enjoy it.

I am really pleased with the results and am smitten with the car.

So much so that I have since also bought a creamsicle LE in California and it is with McMark at Original Customs for restoration before I ship it to the UK.

The following pictures show the resto progress of my first 914:

Collecting the car from the docks after shipping:

IPB Image

At the garage for the light lenses being converted to European and to get the MOT (road legal) test:
IPB Image

Shoved into the garage:

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

Horrible interior and look at that steering wheel.. and those side indicators must go....:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Starting to dismantle:

IPB Image

IPB Image

30 odd years of California dust:

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

In the sprayers:
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Putting it back together:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

MOT test (road legal)
IPB Image

Driving on the M25:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

bandjoey
BRAVO!!!

It's a great looking car. Also Orange is the fastest color. piratenanner.gif

If you need sun visors recovered there's a group buy going on right one. Couldn't see if they were done in the finished pictures.

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.