Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bellows replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
How difficult is it to replace the bellows have yet to find it, and should I use the one for sale at auto atlanta $80?
Bob L.
It's pretty easy to replace. look under the engine on the drivers side. It's mounted to the side of the engine case.

The one from AA needs a little modification to mount. It is also set to open the cooling flaps at a cooler temp than stock, 165 vs. 185-90. It's intended for the type 1.

You could probably find a good used one near that price, maybe cheaper. Post a WTB in the classifieds here.

OR... http://www.awesomepowdercoat.com/thermosta...ed_rebuilt.html

Good luck.
bdstone914
QUOTE(shane @ Apr 5 2014, 09:21 PM) *

How difficult is it to replace the bellows have yet to find it, and should I use the one for sale at auto atlanta $80?

It is not difficult to replace. I would never buy a used part from AA given their reputation for selling broken non working parts.
dangrouche
QUOTE(shane @ Apr 5 2014, 08:21 PM) *

don't forget, you may need a new cable, get one from bicycle shop, the derailleur cable for under $5
nihil44
Go for the awesomepowdercoat option.

Got one recently and very impressed with OEM like quality.

Do it once and do it right

David
reharvey
QUOTE(nihil44 @ Apr 6 2014, 06:27 AM) *

Go for the awesomepowdercoat option.

Got one recently and very impressed with OEM like quality.

Do it once and do it right

David

agree.gif Very good quality and they work.
mdelwiche
If you go the AA route, I have one of those brand new that I didn't use that I'll let go for $55
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.