Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914 trans problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lvecc1
The day after a really good thrashing i lost 1st and reverse.Im new to the 914 world and have yet to get it on the lift.Im thinking it may be a linkage issue.Before i dig into it, are there any common issues that i should be aware of? 1975 914-4 Thanks
914itis
Check your firewall bushing.
JStroud
Probably a bushing, when they disenegrate and disappear shifting can be quite challenging. Check the firewall bushing and the u joint bushings in the linkage.

Good Luck and welcome.png

Jeff
Cap'n Krusty
Might also want to look at the ball cup in the shifter console on the side of the trans, as well as the cone screws, there and in the center coupler.

The Cap'n
Dr Evil
Check all bushings. Firewall, U joint near the firewall, ball in cup, and the cone screws at the cup and the firewall.
SirAndy
I had the exact same happen after an AX day and in my case the cone screw at the coupler right after the rear firewall had backed out.

I got lucky, the screw was trapped inside the rubber boot, and i was able to get it back in on the side of the road.
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.