Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche content but not 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I thought I would share a couple photos of a 911 I have been working on. It came to me with 10 very bad paint jobs, very poorly repaired crash damage and fist sized rust holes in the fenders, rockers and left door jamb. It's far from finished. But at least I now have paint on the doors and shell.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Click to view attachment

rick 918-S
Smart phones..... Thought I was in the garage.
rick 918-S
Smart phones..... Thought I was in the garage.
jaxdream
What's with the hole in the right rear fender behind the door jam for ??? Great looking paint job , iffn you like green !!!!!

Jack
Old Yella
1972 model Oil tank flap opening. very sought after cars now.
McMark
Moved it over. Looks amazing Rick!
Maltese Falcon
With the 2.4 mfi , targa, 1972 911S, this will be a highly sought after Porsche.
Did I mention NICE body work ?!
Marty
siverson
Nice. Is that Irish Green?

-Steve
scotty b
first.gif Irish rocks smile.gif
Larmo63
Green is the fastest color.
rick 918-S
Yes, Irish.

I was supposed to have the car completely finished and assembled for the first but it was so.... bad It took way..........longer to even get this far.

The car is getting a 3.0 with F.I.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Apr 6 2014, 08:33 AM) *
1972 model Oil tank flap opening. very sought after cars now.

One year only, came with a warning sticker because people were pouring gas into the oil filler ...
biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
Don't ever do this to your '72 911, despite this helpful sign at all of the Union 76/ Conoco stations blink.gif Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Here's a couple shots of what I had to start with.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Can you guys in Cali spread the word that drilling and leaving holes in panels is not a repair method.. dry.gif I call those little filler worms hanging one this inside of the skin like little moisture wicks "California rivets"

The doors that were on the car were smashed and butchered so bad I got replacement doors from Parts Heaven. One was swiss cheesed by someone that was obviously learning how not to repair a panel. screwy.gif

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Fenders were bent, rusted out and drilled full of holes then slathered in filler. WTF.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Double post
rick 918-S
Rocker was creased full length, drilled full of holes and slathered with filler.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Starting to go back together.

Click to view attachment

Here's one of the seats from Classiccarseats.com These are the monte Carlo Seats with head rest. They are very nice!

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
Very nice. And it looks like the snow is all gone. cheer.gif w00t.gif
r_towle
And you started with a clean shop....nice
bulitt
Why is the ruler taped to the door?

IPB Image
rick 918-S
No latch in the door. I was using it to hold the door flush with the quarter panel to check the fender alignment.
rick 918-S
Just dropped the junker off in Cleveland. Not a day too soon either. While I was there I was called the work the storm in Nebraska. So I'm on the road heading west.
KELTY360
I'll bet the owner is very happy. Looks great Rick.
rick 918-S
Couple more photos. This is my friends father in-law's car. We installed the wheels and a 3.0 F.I. in the driveway. We only sent him a photo of the car with the corner of the car cover lifted. happy11.gif He hasn't seen it yet.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Quality work there rick. You're going to be a busy guy if and when you relocate.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 11 2014, 09:37 AM) *

Quality work there rick. You're going to be a busy guy if and when you relocate.

Thanks Kevin.

Here's how you install a 911 Targa window. Ratchet strap, floor anchors and lots of fear! unsure.gif There's about 100 psi on that strap. it's tight!

Click to view attachment
McMark
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 11 2014, 07:37 AM) *

You're going to be a busy guy if and when you relocate.

idea.gif

Looks great Rick. Smart thinking on the targa glass. I don't think I would'a come up with that.
jmill
Beautiful!!

But I'm partial to green. beer.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 12 2014, 08:41 AM) *

Thanks Kevin.

Here's how you install a 911 Targa window. Ratchet strap, floor anchors and lots of fear! unsure.gif There's about 100 psi on that strap. it's tight!

Click to view attachment

I may be contacting you about this method in a couple months. I'm not looking forward to this job unsure.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 12 2014, 07:09 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 12 2014, 08:41 AM) *

Thanks Kevin.

Click to view attachment

I may be contacting you about this method in a couple months. I'm not looking forward to this job unsure.gif

I had 3 pro glass installers chicken out and cancel when they saw the glass. I was really pissed as waiting for them to show slowed the progress on the car by a week and a half. Only way to get it done is to do it yourself. No one will touch a targa glass.

The second trick is to use para cord and double rope it. The first pass may leave a place where the seal didn't climb the lip.
FourBlades

A beautiful looking car!

They were lucky to get you to restore it for them. first.gif

I want an early 911 bad!

John
green914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 6 2014, 12:46 PM) *

Green is the fastest color.

agree.gif

Looking good w00t.gif
JmuRiz
You are fast...wanna come over to DC and help me put my 914 back together?

Cool tip on the targa window...not that I have a targa or will own one biggrin.gif
ripper911
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 13 2014, 01:39 PM) *

not that I have a targa or will own one biggrin.gif

Targas are great! chair.gif
arkitect
Rick,
Thanks for sharing your work on the 911 - classic lines. I love the Irish Green color.

Dave beerchug.gif
Harpo
Beautiful work there Rick!
Drums66
....Looks good,from back here! thumb3d.gif
bye1.gif
rick 918-S
I was looking through some photos and though you guys may be interested in the bumper install I did for the 911. The owner wanted a glass bumper. It came with a couple flimsy strips of fiber glass to mount it. Well That was not going to do. I built a inner bumper out of 4130 tubing. I heated and bent the tubing to match the curve of the bumper, made some mounting brackets and bonded it to the back of the glass.
Mikey914
Any one else see this. I hate to see what other surprises you found with something this goofy on the front.
Must be an uber rare 91411Targa
Scott S
those were stock on 1973.5 cars.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.