Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dad and me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cegallegos99
Call me crazy or loony, but I have committed to restore my dad's and fix up mine. Some assistance from in laws and good deals, hopefully will allow me to enjoy shifting without thinking of breaking something.

My dad's is red while mine is black. Both from 1974 2.0.
Qarl
QUOTE(cegallegos99 @ Apr 7 2014, 06:15 PM) *

Call me crazy or loony, but I have committed to restore my dad's and fix up mine. Some assistance from in laws and good deals, hopefully will allow me to enjoy shifting without thinking of breaking something.

My dad's is red while mine is black. Both from 1974 2.0.

Awesome!
welcome.png
Tom_T
You probably want this post in the Garage Forum to introduce yourself & 914s.

Nice Double Project! beerchug.gif

welcome.png
MikeInMunich
You may want to look at Appbiz.com for door panels, which have metal at the top instead of fiber board. Not original, but better, for about $200 something for the pair. Just bought a trunk carpet from the guy, Bob, who advertises his sets on EBay, and he suggested the door panels as I was on the phone with him. Looked at them (the door panels) in his EBay store. They look good. I have no need, but apparently you do.

Good luck!

smilie_flagge6.gif
cegallegos99
thanks, I took off the door panel to replace the door lock. The board is moistured. will check out the site.
Gint
I'll move this over to the garage. welcome.png
Elliot Cannon
Crazy or loony is a requirement to own a 914 and be on this web site. It's actually helpful to be a little of both. smoke.gif drooley.gif huh.gif welcome.png
ConeDodger
QUOTE(cegallegos99 @ Apr 7 2014, 03:17 PM) *

thanks, I took off the door panel to replace the door lock. The board is moistured. will check out the site.

Not surprised that the door cards have moisture damage. You're in Louisiana right? You need to familiarize yourself with 914Rubber.com. Mark (Mikey914) makes fiberglass replacements either fully upholstered or just the fiberglass. He should probably be your number 1 source for many things in your restoration...
PanelBilly
Two cars at the same time?

Menage a' teener

Welcome
zambezi
Looks like pretty good starting points. Was your dad's car a local car or a recent purchase. I seem to remember a black 914 sitting years ago off Pinhook/Tuerlings.
Jim
boxsterfan
I'll call you both crazy and looney! And.... welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png
KELTY360
agree.gif

welcome.png
JRust
welcome.png Way to jump in fully! 2 cars at once will be a feat
cegallegos99
So the black was recently purchased in Arkansas, may have been in La at one time. The red one was bought 10 years ago in Houston from a New Jersey man, who kept all original.

Thanks to all welcoming. Hope to discuss the rebuilding timeline.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.