Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: first ?'s of many, most likely.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jacksun
73 1.7L...............supposedly,,,, the car has been sitting in a pole barn for the

last 15 yrs.. gas tank removed........injectors removed and flow tested and cleaned and tested again, not re-installed.

it has been suggested to me that it would be an idea to spray pb blaster into
the engine where the injectors would sit........wait 15 mins or so and then bump with the starter a few times.

any harm in doing this?

any benefit to doing so?

thank you

randal
ThePaintedMan
welcome.png

No harm in using PB Blaster. Might also put a few ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder as well. But you want take the spark plugs out instead of just using the injector holes. It'll give you a better angle to get that stuff in there.

I would also suggest using a breaker bar on the main impeller bolt (turn the bolt clockwise), or jacking on one side of the rear end and turning it with a tire with the car in gear. If the engine is stuck, you wouldn't want to put more stress on the starter.

You did the right thing by pulling the gas tank out. Don't run crappy sludged up fuel through the lines.

We need pictures of the car too please smile.gif If it's not too bad, we can give you more steps on what to do next.. if it's worth it of course.
jacksun
thanks for your reply... good info..

I think I will drop the engine and then do the pb blaster and mystery oil, which I have on hand.

included is a photo of the 914 that has been waiting for winter to be over so
I may use the whole garage....

thanks again.

the image is a combination of two images using photoshop
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.