Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel line routing look correct?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
narino
After finding some cracks in my fuel lines I decided to replace all the lines. Then my free time got sucked into black hole of life/work. Cut to two years later and I've finally gotten it all in place. The tank was drained a year ago, so I put a fresh 2 gallons into her and started her up this past weekend.

The car pops and sputters like crazy. I'll be digging into articles to finally learn how to clean and tune my webers. But before that, I want to make sure my fuel routing is correct. I've attached a diagram below of how i have it setup. I used the CB performance rotary pump for webers.

1. Does my routing look correct?
2. Does the flow of fuel supply into the "tee" work on any leg? You'll notice I supplied it into the horizontal leg and not the vertical.
3. Should I place the regulator back in, after the tee, or should the pressure be fine from the pump?

She was popping and stuttering, but I was still wearing a wide grin the rest of the day. It had been way too long since I had taken her out.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Click to view attachment
Qarl
What fuel pump are you using. If you are not running at the correct fuel pressure it can cause some problems with your carburetors.

Edit: I see you are using the CB performance bump. Carbs usually like between 3 and 3.5 psi. Check the fuel pressure ratings on that pump.
narino

Qarl, this pump is listed as holding consistent pressure for our webers. Before I ran the same pump but with a regulator. Then read on here I "might" not need it. So in an attempt to clean the clutter in the engine bay I removed it. Now I'm wondering if I should put it back on.
Mblizzard
Return line? I know it is not required for carbs but I have always used one with carbs.
Qarl
To answer your other question. The T is fine as configured.

Another problem could be some old fuel varnishing in the carbs. May need to be cleaned out and rebuilt.

Kirmizi
I have essentially the same set-up as you, so...
1. Yes
2. I don't think so, but you could always check it to be sure.
3. I have a Carter rotary and have found it to maintain a steady supply.
I do have a gauge plumbed in prior to the second filter as a visual reference to verify fuel pressure. biggrin.gif
narino
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll look to add a second fuel pressure gauge. But for now I guess I'll stick with cleaning the carbs to see if they have old fuel gumming them up.

beer.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 7 2014, 04:15 PM) *

...Another problem could be some old fuel varnishing in the carbs. May need to be cleaned out and rebuilt.

Happens very fast with today's fuel...makes a hard film that's a PITA to get out of nooks and crannies. If you are lucky enough to have a friend with an ultrasonic cleaner, that's the way to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.