Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 central LLC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Alice
Any body use this place for replacement parts ?
What do you think ?

A
Mblizzard
I have been very happy with the items I have purchased. Very prompt shipping and I always get a quick response to any questions.
Alice
I found a video on utube about sun visors .
Check it out .
That brought me to them ..
rolleyes.gif
Alice
QUOTE(Alice @ Apr 8 2014, 10:10 AM) *

I found a video on utube about sun visors .
Check it out .
That brought me to them ..
rolleyes.gif

240.00 a set
Made in Germany ?

What do u think ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Alice @ Apr 8 2014, 12:23 AM) *

What do you think ?

A

No. I wouldn't... sad.gif
Mark Henry
Rebuilt visors from Mikey914

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=231617
Alice
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 8 2014, 04:12 PM) *

Yep .
I am on boards with mikey .
Sending him a few core sets . And having one set done for my 71

piratenanner.gif
Mike Bellis
hide.gif
scotty b
Hi Alice welcome.png Try the classifieds too. There are a lot of members here constantly selling nice parts from parts cars.

Got any pics of your car ? smile.gif
Mikey914
Not that I don't like your money, but there are a quite a few guys here that have good used parts and many that I don't make (Yet biggrin.gif ).
SO you can always try classifieds and you can find some good prices here.
Alice
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2014, 10:21 PM) *

Not that I don't like your money, but there are a quite a few guys here that have good used parts and many that I don't make (Yet biggrin.gif ).

I like what I have seen from u mikey . I will send the core out ASAP .
A
Alice
QUOTE(Alice @ Apr 8 2014, 11:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2014, 10:21 PM) *

I like what I have seen from u mikey . I will send the core out ASAP .
A

Cores .....
Three
On the way .
Alice
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2014, 08:34 PM) *

Hi Alice welcome.png Try the classifieds too. There are a lot of members here constantly selling nice parts from parts cars.

Got any pics of your car ? smile.gif

I would love to show u my cars . Not sure why the new person is unable to post pix . Wen I am in the new thread page , or even wen I try to reply to another member . The little icon were I would click to ad a photo is not letting me ad. It's like dimm . Not lit up . I guess , like the avatar setting @ 1 st . I can t put a picture there until I post for a wile ? I don't know ? But I can not post right now .
73 2.0 @ yeamans getting repainted
71 3.2 project
914itis
You should be able to, no matter how many post you have.
You have to click on the "chose file icon and select the picture.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 9 2014, 07:50 AM) *

There are two ways to add pictures the method above is called "file attachments" and is for uploading a pic from your computer.
The other way is a little formatting icon (of a tree) on the top of the text page when you hit reply that is called "insert image", for that one you have to have the pictures hosted (uploaded onto) another site on the web.
Alice
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 9 2014, 04:50 AM) *

YES !
I get that .

The choose file icon is dim . It dose not let u click it .
Click with no response .

Alice
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 9 2014, 05:06 AM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 9 2014, 07:50 AM) *

There are two ways to add pictures the method above is called "file attachments" and is for uploading a pic from your computer.
The other way is a little formatting icon (of a tree) on the top of the text page when you hit reply that is called "insert image", for that one you have to have the pictures hosted (uploaded onto) another site on the web.

pray.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png keep trying. You'll figure it out. assimilate.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Alice
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 8 2014, 01:18 PM) *

What do you think ?

A

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 9 2014, 06:40 AM) *

Can u expand ? On your no .
Or is that just , u don't like them ?

New Person hear ,,,,,,
1st post .
And I get
Your thread is worthless .

Come on !!!!

Tell ya what .
I will be in Marina Saterday
Chillen with The Koozy
I will have my I pad with me .
Any one want to see what I am talking about. .

Come on down .....

cheer.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Alice @ Apr 9 2014, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 8 2014, 01:18 PM) *

What do you think ?

A

Can u expand ? On your no .
Or is that just , u don't like them ?

New Person hear ,,,,,,
1st post .
And I get
Your thread is worthless .

Come on !!!!

Tell ya what .
I will be in Marina Saterday
Chillen with The Koozy
I will have my I pad with me .
Any one want to see what I am talking about. .

Come on down .....

cheer.gif

The "thread is worthless" is meant to encourage not harass. That's why the little guys with smiles are holding the signs. biggrin.gif

I would be happy to help but I will be back in MN in the snow. dry.gif You cali people have it made. first.gif

Again welcome.png
Alice

This thread was not about posting any pictures
@ All .

Competition breeds quality .
Just thought u all might see threw the question .
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the world Alice. They are not harrasing you, we just love pics.Lots of good natured ribbing here. Thick skin helps. However, there are some here that don't take kindly to bs and will call you on it.

Can't speak for 914 central except that I think prices are too high. Never bought anything from them for that reason.
r_towle
Um, this thread IS worthless without pics....
Pst some pics, you can do it....

ConeDodger
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Apr 9 2014, 06:32 AM) *

Welcome to the world Alice. They are not harrasing you, we just love pics.Lots of good natured ribbing here. Thick skin helps. However, there are some here that don't take kindly to bs and will call you on it.

Can't speak for 914 central except that I think prices are too high. Never bought anything from them for that reason.

agree.gif and I never saw any value in what 914 Central LLC sells either. Nuts? Bolts? Washers? Screws? McMaster Carr in bulk at pretty much the same price.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 15 2014, 05:35 PM) *

agree.gif and I never saw any value in what 914 Central LLC sells either. Nuts? Bolts? Washers? Screws? McMaster Carr in bulk at pretty much the same price.

Unless the prices are waaay off, I'd rather buy from someone on 914world. I would rather buy parts from PMB or 914 rubber or Tangerine Racing than, say, AA or some other big parts house.
A&PGirl
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 15 2014, 07:43 PM) *

Unless the prices are waaay off, I'd rather buy from someone on 914world. I would rather buy parts from PMB or 914 rubber or Tangerine Racing than, say, AA or some other big parts house.

Excuse me? I don't think you people have ever bought anything from me. confused24.gif

Your comments are very broad statements and don't seem based on fact. To the best to my knowledge, you people have never purchased anything from me. Therefore, how are you qualified to comment on my products and services?

Are there some people out there who don't like the fact that I am in business? Offering the parts & services I offer? Of course, there are people out there who are like that. Their motivations range from perhaps envy, perhaps they have a friend who offers similar parts & services, or perhaps they have relationship with a supplier they happen to like.

Mature adults based their arguments on fact not opinion. idea.gif

The AA jab was so far below the belt that it wouldn't be allowed in any boxing match. stromberg.gif

This thread was pretty amusing because I don't recognize anyone who have made negative comments as a customer of mine. w00t.gif w00t.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 15 2014, 04:35 PM) *

agree.gif For a long time, I thought that I was the only one that felt $15 was silly for a bag of nuts and washers. It finally came to be known that I was not the only one.
boxsterfan
I've never ordered from 914Central, but that is because the prices are redonkulous.

Did the OP upload some pics yet? drunk.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Apr 15 2014, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 15 2014, 07:43 PM) *

Excuse me? I don't think you people have ever bought anything from me. confused24.gif

Your comments are very broad statements and don't seem based on fact. To the best to my knowledge, you people have never purchased anything from me. Therefore, how are you qualified to comment on my products and services?

Are there some people out there who don't like the fact that I am in business? Offering the parts & services I offer? Of course, there are people out there who are like that. Their motivations range from perhaps envy, perhaps they have a friend who offers similar parts & services, or perhaps they have relationship with a supplier they happen to like.

Mature adults based their arguments on fact not opinion. idea.gif

The AA jab was so far below the belt that it wouldn't be allowed in any boxing match. stromberg.gif

This thread was pretty amusing because I don't recognize anyone who have made negative comments as a customer of mine. w00t.gif w00t.gif

You are excused. blink.gif

Is it not a fact that pretty much everything you sell is sold in bulk by McMaster Carr? I just don't see the value in buying little kits of nuts, bolts, screws and washers in little plastic bags you call "kits" when everything is available either in bulk from McMaster Carr or even my local ACE Hardware. Never mind the fact that when it comes to business, you're your own worst enemy. In fact, I question your maturity nearly every time something like this comes up. Go ahead, show us your maturity. shades.gif
Those are facts and I am a mature adult. You're right that I have never been your customer. Never saw a single thing you sell that I needed or couldn't get locally for less.
Elliot Cannon
OK, so we're all mature adults here. So, if you don't like a product or think the prices are too high, then just don't buy it. Why waste time and bandwidth arguing about it. (Actually I don't have a clue what bandwidth is). Lets try to stay above all the bickering. biggrin.gif flag.gif
Dr Evil
Hair pulling! popcorn[1].gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 15 2014, 11:07 PM) *

In your case. Skin pulling. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 16 2014, 02:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 15 2014, 11:07 PM) *

In your case. Skin pulling. av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Fag fight.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Apr 16 2014, 09:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 16 2014, 02:04 AM) *

OK, so we're all mature adults here. So, if you don't like a product or think the prices are too high, then just don't buy it. Why waste time and bandwidth arguing about it. (Actually I don't have a clue what bandwidth is). Lets try to stay above all the bickering. biggrin.gif flag.gif

Wise words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5CETMV4nz0
TheCabinetmaker
no bashing in my text. I answered the op's question and gave my opinion. I've been buying hardware for twice as long as you have been alive. Your prices are too high. Period. That is a fact!!!!!!!!

BTW, No one compared you to AA.

"I'd rather buy from someone on 914world than, say, AA or some other big parts house."

Rockaria
blink.gif dry.gif chair.gif
Click to view attachment

lol-2.gif bye1.gif shades.gif
wndsnd
I don't get this.

I am the first guy to run to the local hardware store. I happen to have a very good industrial supply store in town. But there are some things that I want just right and I have turned to Carrie for.

If you think her prices are high and her services are not needed, then continue to not buy or support her. But I don't understand the bashing.

Our vendors are small speicalty suppliers with low volumes and high overheads. Some items I shop alot for, some less. I dont need 100 or 250 screws, if I am looking for one particular metric size thats odd, or I can not get the quality I am looking for.

How Many of you guys have boats? Ever walk in to a West Marnine and not feel like you got sheeplove.gif

Or guns, and ammo?

OR anything with PORSCHE written on it.

We have a lot of expensive specialty vendors that advertise on this and other sites. I don't see the bashing.

John

grouphug.gif

914itis
I agree and I think for some of us who have no clue as to the size we are looking for, we can simply ask her for a specific set.

If you do, use the hardware store.
KELTY360
At what point does opinion become bashing? The OP asked "what do you think?". The next post indicated positive experiences. Others gave their opinions on perceived high prices and other available sources. Isn't that the purpose of the forum?

The business owner jumping on to call out posters who've never done business with her doesn't help her cause. They haven't done business there because they think the prices are too high or the product is redundant.....opinion, not personal attack. I don't think it turned personal til the business owner got huffy over the reasons some people haven't done business with her.

Seems to me that the OP has gotten a lot of pertinent info on the subject, which is, I think, why we're all here.....and, of course, to keep me entertained.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 16 2014, 10:07 AM) *

At what point does opinion become bashing? The OP asked "what do you think?". The next post indicated positive experiences. Others gave their opinions on perceived high prices and other available sources. Isn't that the purpose of the forum?

The business owner jumping on to call out posters who've never done business with her doesn't help her cause. They haven't done business there because they think the prices are too high or the product is redundant.....opinion, not personal attack. I don't think it turned personal til the business owner got huffy over the reasons some people haven't done business with her.
Seems to me that the OP has gotten a lot of pertinent info on the subject, which is, I think, why we're all here.....and, of course, to keep me entertained.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
worn

[/quote]

You are excused. blink.gif

Is it not a fact that pretty much everything you sell is sold in bulk by McMaster Carr? I just don't see the value in buying little kits of nuts, bolts, screws and washers in little plastic bags you call "kits" when everything is available either in bulk from McMaster Carr or even my local ACE Hardware. Never mind the fact that when it comes to business, you're your own worst enemy. In fact, I question your maturity nearly every time something like this comes up. Go ahead, show us your maturity. shades.gif
Those are facts and I am a mature adult. You're right that I have never been your customer. Never saw a single thing you sell that I needed or couldn't get locally for less.
[/quote]

There is some real value to having someone pull parts for you. Also, when I go to the hardware store and buy high qaulity fasteners they fit in a little bag but generally cost me $20. I figure this is a world-associated business. And McMaster Carr is kinda intimidating in scale for newbies. Why don't we have a peace dude or thank you smiley?
Mblizzard
In our world there are a lot of different types of car owners. None of us need the same service all the time. Each of vendor has worth to some but not others. There is no need for minimizing the role of any vendor. Everyone is capable of providing insight and opinions that are valid. It is hard for each of us to make a living doing our jobs and we all have worth and a role to play. When I buy from 914 Central I am well aware that I can get 100's of parts from other places. But often I don't need that many and the service they provide is worthwhile at those times. They fill a specific need. Nothing more or less.

I have a lot of respect for all the vendors here and select them according to my needs not someone else's. I am not questioning anyone's viewpoint but if you are displeased with any vendor, using a different vendor to fit your needs is the best way to be heard.

That is just my opinion and I am not suggesting that anyone adopt it as theirs. I do respect the rights of all individuals to be heard. If there is not a need, then the vendor will not continue to do business. It is really just that simple.

Otherwise we are just deadhorse.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Apr 16 2014, 09:07 AM) *

Wise words

mm hmmm. not a surprising comment from a con artist.
02loftsmoor
I've been useing Carrie for years , nuts and bolts, to engine a case

QUOTE(Alice @ Apr 8 2014, 03:23 AM) *

What do you think ?

A

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jun 10 2014, 05:36 PM) *

I've been useing Carrie for years , nuts and bolts, to engine a case

Then you've been getting ripped off for years too... dry.gif

You can get the same stuff from McMaster Carr & Bolt Depot for a fraction of the price.
r_towle
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 16 2014, 02:04 AM) *

OK, so we're all mature adults here.

bs.gif bootyshake.gif KMA.gif
MBowman325
My big hang up when you started was the "no sales to OK residents", leading to assumptions of why on my part.

I'd never gone back to look at any of your stuff until today. Glad you got my assumption taken care of. (So you've had it for a while by now.)

I'm all for supporting locals and the small people for a reasonable cost increase, but if you're gonna have a business, it needs to be on the up and up. (Or at least look like it)
rhodyguy
how does it work with mcmaster/carr when you want to buy 8 or 16 of the cleveland/schnoor washers? do they sell them 16 at a time or 500 at a time?
'73-914kid
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 11 2014, 12:35 PM) *

how does it work with mcmaster/carr when you want to buy 8 or 16 of the cleveland/schnoor washers? do they sell them 16 at a time or 500 at a time?

packs of 50 or 100..
A&PGirl
QUOTE(MBowman325 @ Jun 11 2014, 02:26 PM) *

My big hang up when you started was the "no sales to OK residents", leading to assumptions of why on my part.

I'd never gone back to look at any of your stuff until today. Glad you got my assumption taken care of. (So you've had it for a while by now.)

I'm all for supporting locals and the small people for a reasonable cost increase, but if you're gonna have a business, it needs to be on the up and up. (Or at least look like it)

Please explain to me how complying with State Law is not on the up & up? confused24.gif

I'm an internet based business and at the moment Oklahoma does not regulate internet sales to residents of other states. However, if I sold to residents in Oklahoma, there are regulations, record keeping requirements, and licenses involved in that. I just don't want to be involved in that process.

However, I comply with the State law and if the State law changes I will comply with whatever those changes are.

I hope this straight forward explanation that will clarify my sales policies. If you are still confused, please drop me a personal line.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.