Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 track only car for sale!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RickJK
WELL, I have decided that I am not the ideal 914-6 owner and have decided to sell my project racer and move on to a more modern car with Air Conditioning for our later track events here in Arizona.

The car started as a 1974 model and was converted to track duty by the Stoner family located in the Carolinas in 1990. They lost interest and sold it to Terri Gardner in Chicago in 1994 and she ran it for several years there before mothballing it when she moved to Paris for business reasons. She finally sold it to me in 2007 through a broker. My original post on the car was here--

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=72014&hl=

Even after all those years of storage, when my mechanic played with it to insure no damage would be done, it fired right up and idled at a reasonable level.

We have concentrated on the function of the car and have not done much to the bodywork or paint at this point, so if you want it to look like a garage queen rather than a rough and tumble race car there still needs to be some work done. We replaced the Hood with one from Patrick Motorsports, and he painted the hood and cowling immediately behind the hood at that point. Other than a light respray of the front trunk when I installed a new fuel system there hasn't been any other substantial bodywork done on the car. I trimmed the arches of the front fenders to clear some taller tires better, but that and some decal removal is about all that has been done in that regard.

The engine work I have had done has been handled by Drew Salter here in the Phoenix area. He was the creator of a turbo 914 that won an early multi track event that was the precursor to the one lap series. He also used to be the engine builder for John James Racing here in Phoenix as well as having owned his own independent Porsche garage. Chassis and suspension work has been done by both Drew and Chris Harrison of Auto Dynamics, and Chris also handled updating the roll bar to a level that is acceptable to modern sanctioning bodies for track day and time trial type events. Chris also fabricated a custom seat mounting bracket to fit the Recaro into the car properly.

Major things we changed are:

50mm PMO carbs
New Clutch
New Springs
Rebuilt and revalved the Shocks F & R
Updated the Roll cage
Replaced braided tubing
Wilwood Forged Billet Superlight calipers W/ Wilwood pads F & R
12.5" x 1.25" custom rotors on Coleman Hats F & R
Tilton Master cylinders
Tilton Brake Bias Bar Adjuster
New Recaro Profi XL
New adjustable Rennline gas pedal
Two new Canton Fuel Filters
New (2013) Pyrotect Aluminum 8 gallon Fuel Cell
Four 16" x 8" Australian Superlight wheels with Hankook 245/45 tires, Mounted 2014
Two 15 x 8 and two 15 x 10 Australian Superlight wheels, unmounted
These 15s clear the brakes, but barely, so not a universal 15" fit.
And probably other stuff I'm forgetting. Plus a bunch of fittings fasteners and other small items.

The car handles well, has a ton of torque and really is fun to drive, but I'm not any kind of mechanic and while I have learned to do things like blow out the idle jets when dust gets clogged in them, it's not my bliss. I like to drive, not tinker.

If I were going to keep the car there are things I still feel need to be done. The shift linkage needs new bushings and such because it's really sloppy, and the transmission, while it shifts fine, doesn't have any of the heavy duty intermediate or side plates or any kind of limited slip, so I would probably have that worked over. The supertraps on the exhaust need to be repacked or replaced with something like the lightweight Burns mufflers. The body needs a spa day. There are miscellaneous little knicks and cracks here and there that need some epoxy and filler and new paint. I hate the original battleship gray they used for the interior and I would want to redo that like I did the front trunk when I did the fuel cell. Its an old race car and its just more that I want to deal with.

I bought the car for $13,500 as it was, and if I add up all my receipts at this point I am over $40,000 into the car. I am asking $16,500 for the car and I know I will not get that, but its at least a starting point for offers. Let me know if you have questions or if I forgot important points! Thanks for looking!!!
2mAn
thats a lot of car for the money. GLWS!
RickJK
QUOTE(2mAn @ Apr 8 2014, 09:46 AM) *

Thanks!
johnhora
QUOTE(2mAn @ Apr 8 2014, 08:46 AM) *

agree.gif

Want to go racing bump!
You could not gather the parts together for this price much less build it...
Nice machine!
Good luck with the sale!
RickJK
Thanks for the Comments guys!
RickJK
Not much happening on the car, I should emphasize that this is a OBO situation, and I would rather not have to deal with an ebay sale, so let me know if anyone has any interest.

Thanks, Rick
RickJK
Sale Pending!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.