Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Value of NOS 914-6 Airbox, Complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
racerbvd
I'm thinking about letting my complete, NOS 914-6 air box go, any idea on the value??
If I do part with it, it will not be cheap..
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image
Mark Henry
Are you open to trades? rolleyes.gif
aturboman
10 years ago I was surprised to find out they were still available new from Porsche so I bought one for my resto for around $350.

I suspect they are more than that now considering the price of vintage parts assuming they still even have them in stock.

I'd be a potential buyer if you're not trying to retire off of it.
914itis
Between $275.00 -350

I picked up one here few months ago for $275
Qarl
Mark Henry beat me too it! LOL

pete000
I would not sell it...

brant
I thought NOS meant new old stock... as in brand new, often still in the packaging.

yours doesn't look brand new
just in good condition

correct me if I'm wrong.
brant
johnhora
Byron...
The air box may be a 911 one....seems like I remember the 911 ones had a plastic breather hose fitting on the back of the box and the 914-6 were metal fittings...these were the fitting that the oil tank breather hose connect to...the snorkel is correct and the carb boxes were the same.
Some one on 911 Registry had a pictures of these post some time ago..
I nee a correct plastic snorkel if you want to sell the snorkel....
Thanks...John
Hawk
It's a 911 box-plastic rebreather fitting and no holes in back top for cold start system.
johnhora
here are the pics I was looking for of the two types of plastic boxes...
911 then 914-6 and holes in the ends for the cold start fuel tubes

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
racerbvd
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 8 2014, 01:54 PM) *

I thought NOS meant new old stock... as in brand new, often still in the packaging.

yours doesn't look brand new
just in good condition

correct me if I'm wrong.
brant

I will correct you, it is NOS, never been used, got it (and a bunch of other parts) from a friend who passed, he had many extras for his 914-6, that bought new, and he auto-Xed & concoursed it (and won both) at PCA events, including Parade. He knew Porsches inside & out, as both he and his Wife were long time, very active PCA members, who owned many other cool Porsche's, including a 904.
Qarl
[/quote]
I will correct you, it is NOS, never been used, got it (and a bunch of other parts) from a friend who passed, he had many extras for his 914-6, that bought new, and he auto-Xed & concoursed it (and won both) at PCA events, including Parade. He knew Porsches inside & out, as both he and his Wife were long time, very active PCA members, who owned many other cool Porsche's, including a 904.
[/quote]

That's great about your friend and all...

But the item shown in the first post isn't pristine. It may have never been used, but it's got some wear from being moved around and stored, apparently... hence Brant's comments.
xsurfer
Not an expert, however my 80K original mile '71 six has a plastic fitting on the air cleaner. My car is original down to the hose clamps.

Just a thought.

Gene
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.