Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Subaru Hydraulic clutch/slave cylinder issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AE354803
When I pressed the clutch in to start my car (2000 subaru outback 2.5L w/ 5 speed) it went almost all the way to the floor but I was still able to shift (only about 1 inch of travel at the bottom of the pedal travel had any resistance even though the pedal returned fully). When it did have resistance the pedal felt normal and the resistance did not slowly build, it occurred suddenly. After about 30 shifts the problem fixed itself, so I checked when I got home. Fluid is at the Full mark and no obvious leaks.

Car has 210,000 miles and I think it's the original clutch so there is a decent amount of wear on everything. I replaced the MC to slave cylinder line a few years back because it sprung a leak.

Only thing I can think of is the clutch MC seals are wearing out or there is some debris in there. Just seemed odd for it to fix itself, I'm guessing it will come back soon.

Andy
r_towle
Sounds like a warning shot across the bow to let you know what is coming.

You can reverse bleed a clutch by using an old school oil can ( the hand pump type) and a hose.

Fill up a new oil can with fluid, attach the hose to the oil can and the slave bleeder fitting.
One the fitting, SLOWLY pump the oil can to push the fluid backwards into the tank..
Keep emptying the tank until the oil can is done....that pushes out the bubbles quite well, and it's simple.

You never bleed a clutch by pumping it like brakes....not how that system functions.

Sounds like you may need a master or slave, or both very soon.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.