Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this front chrome bumper worth saving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
Is this front chrome bumper worth saving? If so what is it worth? What would it cost to get fixed?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks for the help!! The bumper top sounded like a bag of sand.
KELTY360
That poor thing's got a lot of issues. Time for the last rites.
r_towle
agree.gif

With that wrinkle on the corner it would cost to much to fix at this point

rich
barebrad
The real question is why does your shop have so much network connectivity and computing power? My shop has WiFi and a Laptop or two, but you got me beat.

av-943.gif

But someone might want to strip the bumper and paint it.
krazykonrad
In the near future, probably not, but as the 356 and 911 communities have taught us, it will be worth some $ sooner or later.

Konrad
bdstone914
About $1 as scrap metal.
KELTY360
Donate it to someone who wants to discover their inner metal bumping zen. santa_smiley.gif
Steve
Thanks for the replys. I will bring it to the next G&R and give it away free to good home or toss it. Regarding the Cisco toys, I work for Cisco and this is my home lab to keep up with the latest Collaboration software.
pete000
Bondo and paint it black, good as new !

until it hits something.
boogie_man
You can "throw it away" here. My front was worse than that one which I painted black. But I will take it if you don't mind, I'm right over here in San Juan Cap or, I can pick it up??

Let me know

Scott
shoguneagle
Parts are Parts and they are getting scare. I think it should be recoiled to someone who has a need and is willing to spend the time getting it back in shape (chrome, paint, or power coating). My attitude opinion originally was to junk anything not worth repairing. Since I had all my new parts for my project stolen, I have come to appreciate the parts in any condition, the people who willing gave/sold them cheaply to me, and everything that goes with it. Yes, I will eventually replace the items stolen but I have to have to have something in the meantime to complete and license the project. This could be two to three years since we have to recover from the theft of around $100,000 in all our personal goods, tools, etc.

These parts such as this one came in handy and allowed me to keep my interest up in my project. It was at the decision point of whether I should just part out what I had in the car recovery and forget the project. This did not happen because of the parts like this. I had the various parts I obtained reworked, restored, and made presentable. I now love old workout parts.

Steve
Steve
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Apr 9 2014, 10:44 AM) *

You can "throw it away" here. My front was worse than that one which I painted black. But I will take it if you don't mind, I'm right over here in San Juan Cap or, I can pick it up??

Let me know

Scott

Scott,
I will save it for you.
I will be around this Friday. Maybe the weekend, don't know for sure yet.
boogie_man
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 9 2014, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(boogie_man @ Apr 9 2014, 10:44 AM) *

Let me know

Scott

Scott,
I will save it for you.
I will be around this Friday. Maybe the weekend, don't know for sure yet.

Hey thanks, if you're in Laguna Niguel, I'm about 10 minutes from you so let me know. Thanks again

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.