100 more HP
500 lbs lighter biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PemPidqObJ4

Click to view attachment

infraredcalvin
QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 9 2014, 05:21 PM) *

100 more HP
500 lbs lighter biggrin.gif

Yes and you pay about $2K for each of those extra horses...
Elliot Cannon
The guy looked a little nervous with Leno driving. Did he say the car was going to Dubai? Lots of cars in Dubai with names that end in a vowel. Lots. laugh.gif
Larmo63
I'd love to see them do a 914-6.......
buck toenges
How can I get my 993 to sound like that? Without opening up the engine.

Buck
TJB/914
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Apr 10 2014, 07:40 AM) *

How can I get my 993 to sound like that? Without opening up the engine.

Buck

Hi Buck,
You probably don't remember meeting me back in 2004?? I remember you coming to our meet with your big 6 motor 914-6. w00t.gif driving.gif It gave me goose bumps when that powerful sounding engine pulled into the meet. I still remember the sound. biggrin.gif it was awesome. More engine info please. stirthepot.gif
Tom
zambezi
I just watched the Top Gear episode where James May drove the stone grey Singer 911!!! Very awesome car to see put through its paces. He had nothing but praise for the Singer Porsche. I have only seen pictures before and it was nice to see it DRIVEN.
Larmo63
I was thinking the same thing about Jay Leno diving. He probably knows what he is doing, but a few cars got pretty close to it in regular street driving.
ThePaintedMan
Yeah... Magnus Walker looks like a buffoon next to what Singer does. True workmanship and quality in what they're doing (if you can afford it).

Love the color combos they come up with.
buck toenges
Nice to see my 914 3.2 with them singer machines biggrin.gif Maybe Jay Leno will see this thread and call me for a drive.

i would still like to know if I could get that sound from a exhaust system for my '95 993
monkeyboy
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 10 2014, 08:02 AM) *

Yeah... Magnus Walker looks like a buffoon next to what Singer does. True workmanship and quality in what they're doing (if you can afford it).

Love the color combos they come up with.

Different purposes. Singer is looking to make a new car look like a classic. Lots of new tech into a 80's car that has been backdated in looks.

Magnus' cars are built to look like race cars from the 70's. Even underneath he keeps old parts.

Both are nice, just different. I have seen a few of Magnus' cars, they are sweet. Not always my taste, but they are sweet.
shuie
The guys building the cars and financing this operation obviously have a fanatical passion for air cooled 911s. I really respect them for doing what they are doing. Writing the checks to build a single car to this level is unimaginable to me. Building a business around an idea like this seems impossible, at best. Im glad someone did it so we got a chance to see the cars. I hope they make a mint.
CptTripps
Singer and Magnus shouldn't ever be compared. Apples vs Shoes.

There are aspects of both that appeal to me. I'd happily drive/own either. But I'd rather build my own. THAT sounds like fun to me.
Singer..great car, but for the $, I would buy a Ruf overall better value.
2mAn
I hope this works... I love Chris Harris on cars...

Chris Harris on Cars: Singer 911
scotty b
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Apr 10 2014, 09:35 AM) *

Apples vs Shoes.

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.