Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Holy Grail of 914 Parts on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
Probably the one of the hardest to find part for your 914.

Should be interesting to see what it sells for!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...f64&vxp=mtr

Chris H.
Brad Mayeur is selling it. One of the good guys.
VaccaRabite
Bought one for $5 at Hershey swap not too long ago.
worn
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 10 2014, 04:23 AM) *

Brad Mayeur is selling it. One of the good guys.

Yes he is. he steered me away from one of his sales because he said the part wasn't what I needed. Not everyday on ebay.
TJB/914
I have one FS at half the price. If you really need one, make an offer?? happy11.gif

It has a few issues.unsure.gif It's JB-Welding on the right side post/bracket and it has a few cracks, but it's the real deal. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
rosenfe
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Apr 10 2014, 09:38 AM) *

I have one FS at half the price. If you really need one, make an offer?? happy11.gif

It has a few issues.unsure.gif It's JB-Welding on the right side post/bracket and it has a few cracks, but it's the real deal. popcorn[1].gif

Tom

that picture is great,now i know which wires go where and my light works.
pete000
So whats the history of the silver edge lamp? is it a early part ?

How long was it in production. I can't say I have seen one before.
JawjaPorsche
From P914 Website:

The Domeless Light

Porsche 914 and Porsche 914/6 vehicles contain an interior light manufactured by Hella, This lamp has an off-white three-setting switch with positions for off, on and door-switch activation. Because of the removable roof, the interior light fits into the center section of the back pad located behind the seats. The lens sits nearly flush with the pad when installed, so terming it a "dome light" really makes no sense.

The factory-provided interior lights in the Porsche 914 models possess a chrome trim and were (not surprisingly) "Made In Germany." The OEM replacements are currently "Hecho en Mexico," do not have the chrome found on the factory provided units and have a black switch. This is unfortunate, because the majority of original Porsche 914 and 914/6 interior lights have suffered bulb heat, water or other damage during decades of use. As such, original examples in good condition have become extremely hard to obtain.

Current eBay listings for Porsche 914 interior lights (compare listed items with those pictured on this page to ensure authenticity and/or suitability.)

http://www.p914.com/p914_lenses_interior.htm
pete000
Wow, I did not know this...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.