Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beater 914-6 wheel options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gcthielen
I am restoring a 71 914-6 and need to know what other(cheap) wheels will bolt up and allow it to be pushed around. Lemme know if you have something close (Dayton OH)
Thanks!
George
937-671-0768Click to view attachment
r_towle
there are steel wheels that may fit for 911,s out there.
Also other wheels from 944 and 928 that may fit.

You need to check the backspacing and offset.

If you search this site for "offset" you should be able to find a chart that shows all the wheel offsets, and match that to the ones you have.

rich
GeorgeRud
The steel 911 wheels would be the best, but they're getting rare as well these days.
Otherwise, the 6" phone dial or cookie cutter 911 wheels are available.

I have some extra steel wheels, but they're up in Wisconsin, so not of much help for you. The Hershey swap meet next weekend should be a good source of parts if you're looking.
bdstone914
Space saver spares from 944's are probably the cheapest thing you can find. They go for 50 - 75 each. Real 911 steel wheels are usually more than 100 each. 6 inch phone dials are usually cheap as few people like them. Or fake Fuchs. I have some wheel that might work but I am in CA.
SLITS
Cookie Cutters ...........
Cap'n Krusty
Period Buick wheels fit, IIRC.

The Cap'n
stugray
You could get 4 HF car dollies for less than 4 wheels w/ tires.
You could move around the shop easy, but if you need to roll onto/off of a trailer, then that is a no-go.
69telecaster
I've seen plywood circles used...with the appropriate center hole and bolt pattern...say, about 24" in diameter. Use some flat washers on the lugs.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(stugray @ Apr 10 2014, 10:15 AM) *

You could get 4 HF car dollies for less than 4 wheels w/ tires.
You could move around the shop easy, but if you need to roll onto/off of a trailer, then that is a no-go.

I've bent (i.e., rendered unusable) two HF wheel dollies moving cars around on a smooth shop floor, and I wouldn't count on them to be any better for anyone else.

The Cap'n
Andyrew
You can find a set of 4 cookies for ~250 with roller tires... Check pelican parts, rennlist, and our classifieds. Good for rolling around, but youll find that since they are 7" wide anything over 205 tires will rub on non rolled fenders with weight on the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.