Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cabin Fever, SoCal Style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Howard
Know i won't get too much sympathy from you northern types, but after 15 straight days of heavy rain I have got to get out. We're supposed to have at least 5 days of good weather. Somebody organize a drive, BBQ, or meet and post it IPB Image
Aaron Cox
Fu** i need a break too. it was sunny and clear here. and a class was cancelled. Fu**in awesome if you ask me IPB Image

if you post it..they will come (unless slits is invited)
double-a
boo hoo waa waa, it's raining, woe is me... sheesh, we have 118 words for rain up here! IPB Image

it only rains once in the pnw. you see, it starts around october... IPB Image

~a
Mrs. K
Howard, you should have been in Long Beach today!
It was so clear and beautiful...clear sky and SUNSHINE! IPB Image
But at about 5pm the clouds came back and it's raining again!

Oh well. Don't float away...we need you for WCC! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
Dr Evil
I am planning the first 914 pool party in my back yard! You can park your 914 in the swimming hole with the other two and then dive in yourself IPB Image 4" of water and holding. Anyone have a flaoting offroad creeper? This is really F-ing up my project rotation. Good for the guys car that I am working on, its on jack stands (go figure). It looks like it is parked on water.
jeff m
I agree howard this sucks with both lips !Now that its going to clear im at work until friday. IPB Image
VegasRacer
I hear ya loud and clear Howard. We have had the same 2 weeks of non-stop rain here in Vegas. I was going crazy. It was only sprinkling lightly this morning and they said it was supposed to clear, so I took the 914 to work today. When I got off the wind was blowing, but the sun was shining. Yippie! I took the long way home and I feel much better now.

I don't know how you guys in places with snow survive not being able to drive your cars for months at a time. Do you go out to the garage, sit in the car and make vroom vroom noises? I feel even worse for those of you who have your cars on jack stands. You don't know what you are missing.
MattR
I wouldnt have noticed the rain. My head has been buried so deep in my books so far... and its only first week! Oh man, this is going to be a long 2-1/2 years...
Dr Evil
MattR, haha IPB Image Man it feels good to not be required to know anything!
Trekkor
The rain finnaly broke here this morning. Last night was bad ( insert wet rat smiley ).

Now I can finish my project.

KT
Carlitos Way
How 'bout a repeat of the New Year's day Hangover rally? I might be up for something this weekend if it's local... and if my booty call doesn't come through.... Oh wait... it's also paintball weekend...

No work Monday either!!!!

Yippee!!!!
FriarJohn
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 11 2005, 10:47 PM)
Know i won't get too much sympathy from you northern types...

Got that right. For the past two weeks the highs haven't gotten near 20 and more typically have been in the low-mid single digits. We're due for a cold front that will be taking us down to -20 or even lower.

That means there are only a few things to do around here (without heat in the garage)... IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Joe Bob
I'd invite everyone up here for a wine country drive....but you can't get here from there....roads still closed.
Dad Roberts
That Euro show is still on for Saturday.Almost 800 cars registered. There are groups leavin from all over the socal area. Not the twisties that some of you like...but....it IS at Hooters in Anaheim. Just down the street from the Dunkle Bros. place. I'm signed up.....hopin I don't havta work Sat. Dad... IPB Image
SLITS
BAJA, BAJA, BAJA, BAJA.............................

BAJA

Carlitos Way
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 12 2005, 02:14 PM)
BAJA, BAJA, BAJA, BAJA.............................<h1>BAJA</h1>

What exactly do you mean by that?
SLITS
Cross the border, new Road to Ensenada, jump off at 1st exit to old road, go as fast as your huevos will allow. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Do a search on the Bird Board for Baja I, II & III. Baja 3.5 never got off the ground.

Or ask, Dr. Evil, SKline...................
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 12 2005, 04:50 PM)
Cross the border, new Road to Ensenada, jump off at 1st exit to old road, go as fast as your huevos will allow. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Do a search on the Bird Board for Baja I, II & III. Baja 3.5 never got off the ground.

Or ask, Dr. Evil, SKline...................

im down... i can drink down there! IPB Image
hmm... "dad..im going to study with a friend in san diego" IPB Image IPB Image
Joe Bob
OH YEAH....SPEEDING IN MEXICO.....Ask me to describe the jail in between Ensenada and Tijuana.....I still have dreams of that shithole....Rosarita Beach jail BLOWS IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 12 2005, 05:01 PM)
OH YEAH....SPEEDING IN MEXICO.....Ask me to describe the jail in between Ensenada and Tijuana.....I still have dreams of that shithole....Rosarita Beach jail BLOWS IPB Image

On the first run, Red-Beard got nailed by the Policia De Federales De Camino (or something like that) and it cost him $60 cash on a Sunday.

Mikey, I assume your sparkling personality qualified you for a visit to the Greybar Hotel IPB Image
Joe Bob
No Joe Bob....it was mostly the badge in wallet...they hate US Gubmint weenies....
SLITS
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 12 2005, 05:20 PM)
No Joe Bob....it was mostly the badge in wallet...they hate US Gubmint weenies....

Yo comprende IPB Image

I forget the name of that garden spot you were in. There was this Easter Vacation back in school days and.......................

Easter Dinner was sharing the Frijoles with his family.

And that's Billy Bob thank you!
MattR
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 12 2005, 04:20 PM)
...they hate US Gubmint weenies....

so do we!

IPB Image
Joe Bob
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 12 2005, 04:30 PM)

so do we!

IPB Image

We'll talk at the WCC....
Dr Evil
Mikez, it looks like Gollum is saying Bull Shit in your avatar IPB Image

I am down for a Baja run, if everyone wants to come down and finish my car with me IPB Image

Red-beard got piched by the fuzz on the toll road, where the federalies actually patrol. On the old Hwy 1 it is old west and no feds! Muy bueno, verdad?

Aaron,
You have friends? JK. You should come down and hang sometime.
SLITS
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 12 2005, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 12 2005, 04:30 PM)

so do we!

IPB Image

We'll talk at the WCC....

Well Mikey, that picture confirms it....you squat to.....................................
Dr Evil
MikeZ, what kinda badge did you flash? La Migra?

In the pic MIke is saying "goodby, I am going to the womans room now. hop hop hop"
Aaron Cox
Weight loss ad IPB Image
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 12 2005, 04:39 PM)

In the pic MIke is saying "goodby, I am going to the womans room now. hop hop hop"

Back then...LA County....and it was on the dash....

Oh yeah...Aaron...yer dead.... IPB Image

Hmmmm, SLITS...good name fer a GUY....check yer shorts....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 12 2005, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 12 2005, 04:39 PM)

Back then...LA County....and it was on the dash....

Oh yeah...Aaron...yer dead.... IPB Image

Hmmmm, SLITS...good name fer a GUY....check yer shorts....

dont worry mike....

we will start by doing some 40 oz curls IPB Image
Joe Bob
That works.... IPB Image
MattR
Mike, I might run up to SB on one of our 3 day weekends to party... er... visit a friend. Maybe I'll grace you (and your daughters IPB Image ) with my presence.

Baja run? you guys are crazy! The federalis are going to see "porsche" and think we're rich. Oh yeah, nevermind... you guys drive 914s... Its something I have to worry about in my 912 :snob:

Aaron has friends, what are you talking about? He's given names to all the smilies on this board and talks to them when he's walking around campus. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 12 2005, 05:48 PM)
Mike, I might run up to SB on one of our 3 day weekends to party... er... visit a friend. Maybe I'll grace you (and your daughters IPB Image ) with my presence.

Baja run? you guys are crazy! The federalis are going to see "porsche" and think we're rich. Oh yeah, nevermind... you guys drive 914s... Its something I have to worry about in my 912 :snob:

Aaron has friends, what are you talking about? He's given names to all the smilies on this board and talks to them when he's walking around campus. IPB Image

lol IPB Image

the alfred one is my favorate IPB Image IPB Image
matt - i dint know your boyfriend went to UC SB IPB Image

and your 912 will rust in half before it makes it down to mexico IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 12 2005, 05:48 PM)

If ya ain't done it.....ya got nuttin to say.....BTW, they think a 912 is a 1940 Ford Coupe and ignore it.

And Mikey, I'll take Slits over Squats anyday.

Goodnight Squats.......... IPB Image
MattR
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 12 2005, 04:50 PM)
matt - i dint know your boyfriend went to UC SB IPB Image

jealous?

IPB Image
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 12 2005, 04:36 PM)
Mikez, it looks like Gollum is saying Bull Shit in your avatar IPB Image

He is supposed to be saying POR-SHA......

But only dorks think it's a TWO syllable word....
SLITS
Another "Classic Thread started by Howie" in progress! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Joe Bob
So....who gets the next insult?

You are too easy....btw...update yer news wire, ya weenie....
Dr Evil
MattR,
Search the bird board, and this one for the baja run cove4rage. It is less risky than you think. The worst part is pushing your car across the boarder IPB Image when it gets to hot to run. If we cross at Tecate again then we can do Lyons valley IPB Image Man that was a good run.
Dr Evil
So....who gets the next insult?

Senior
Limp
Irate
Turd
Sniffer
MattR
Milestone 1: get running car
milestone 2: get running car to stop (current hold up)
3: get running car to run for extended period of time
4: make the drive to sd
5: Mexico!

All in good time hombre
Aaron Cox
mike does your car run yet? IPB Image
Aaron Cox
mike on second thought... lets not drink we could look like this
IPB Image IPB Image
Dr Evil
Aaron, yes my car runs. As long as someone is pushing it IPB Image No engine init yet.

Why do you have a picture of Ron like that IPB Image You worry me.
MattR
or...

IPB Image
Dr Evil
IPB Image Is that your man?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 12 2005, 06:10 PM)
Aaron, yes my car runs. As long as someone is pushing it IPB Image No engine init yet.

Why do you have a picture of Ron like that IPB Image You worry me.

rons rccauto server.... or MattR's hard drive IPB Image
SLITS
The important key is I am facing forward, not turned around like the GBA likes things.............I'm gonna file suit for plagarism, that old college standby.

Damn Matt, gonna sue you to for Howie's image
MattR
Oh sorry, I thought that was mike... IPB Image
Dr Evil
Which Mike?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.