Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR Oregon Caravan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
My plan is to leave about 1 on thursday. Not as early as I'd like but trying to minimize time off work. Both for myself & my wife. I can change that up some if need be. It will get us there kind of late thursday night but oh well. Just trying to get a handle on who from Oregon/WA is planning to make the trip. Always nice to have a few teeners traveling together biggrin.gif
AfricanHijinx
when is it? do you have a link for the event?
JRust
Wow nobody from Oregon or WA is going to WCR this year WTF.gif Get it together people you don't want to miss this piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
Jamie, I'll meet up with you at this end ok? av-943.gif lol-2.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 12 2014, 03:27 PM) *

Wow nobody from Oregon or WA is going to WCR this year WTF.gif Get it together people you don't want to miss this piratenanner.gif

Next year....! Bummed out I can't make it work this year. hissyfit.gif
mstein95
I'm in for a caravan Jamie - just need to double check with the bosses. It'll be like Deja vue all over again. Except I'll be following the green machine instead of a trailered creamsicle.

aktion035.gif
JRust
Excellent Morgan! I've got 2 local guys in Corvallis I'm trying to get to come. Tom who is on here & owns 2 914's. Jim who owns a six I don't think is on here much. Hopefully Tom will get on here soon. The question is where are all our WA & Portland people WTF.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 13 2014, 07:25 PM) *

Excellent Morgan! I've got 2 local guys in Corvallis I'm trying to get to come. Tom who is on here & owns 2 914's. Jim who owns a six I don't think is on here much. Hopefully Tom will get on here soon. The question is where are all our WA & Portland people WTF.gif

I think Mark W. is doing some airline training. He may get a moment or two to post a day...
sgetsiv
I'm in as well. But, I really want to be down there by Thursday evening. I'll be leaving Portland by 8am at the latest.
JRust
QUOTE(sgetsiv @ Apr 13 2014, 11:10 PM) *

I'm in as well. But, I really want to be down there by Thursday evening. I'll be leaving Portland by 8am at the latest.

Gotcha Steve! I may try to change it up some. My wife's work is the bigger issue for me. Mine is no problem. Be great to get us all going down together. If it works cool but if people are heading down earlier it's cool. I figured we'd possibly have more than one caravan depending on times. Just wanted to get a post up so we could all figure out who was going when. Not to mention adding a route at some point. Even if we go down different times. Knowing how people are going will help in the event anyone breaks down & needs help along the way.
JRust
How are you going Steve? I've got 2 ways in mind
Map
map 2
sgetsiv
I'm OK either way. Just let me know what you think would be best.

Thanks!
sgetsiv
Time to get serious about finalizing plans. What's the earliest time we could all meet in Corvallis or Eugene?
stimpyvan
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 28 2014, 12:41 PM) *

How are you going Steve? I've got 2 ways in mind
Map
map 2

If you are looking for other altnernatives, I just drove across Hwy 66 (Ashland to Klamath Falls) and I can highly recommend that road. Very, very fun and spectacular scenery.

I do not recommend Hwy 99 between Siskyou Pass and the junction with Hwy 66. There is a section that washed out and is poorly filled with gravel. (But that would be south of your route anyway).

Van
JRust
QUOTE(sgetsiv @ May 8 2014, 07:21 AM) *

Time to get serious about finalizing plans. What's the earliest time we could all meet in Corvallis or Eugene?

I'm good leaving anytime thursday. My wife got the day off completely. Originally thought she'd have to work half a day or something. So I'm good leaving as early as you'd like Steve. As far as I know it's looking like just the 2 of us. Still trying to get a couple guys to come. Not having much luck though sad.gif . As far as the route I am open to whatever. I just posted those 2 but I could care less what route we take
biosurfer1
Let me know your final plan and I'll see if it works to meet up. I should be able to get off anytime after noon that day and I'll be ready to go...hopefully the 914 will be too.
JRust
So Steve & I are meeting about 8. Probably be at the why 34 exit off i5. Then we will be heading south on i5 until just south of Eugene. We'll head up through Oakridge towards Klamath Falls & why 97. We'll pretty much take 97 south until we are there. I don't think we have to many on our route. So our caravan may be pretty small. Looking good though
biosurfer1
Doesn't 97 just meet back up with I-5 near Mt. Shasta?
Mr.242
Sorry....2014 is a bad year for me. I've got 2 kids graduating here in a month and I MUST get the property looking pretty for the celebration at our house.

I was hurt from June-April and I'm way behind on getting it all spiffy.

Enjoy and MORE pics this year!
JRust
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 13 2014, 06:49 AM) *

Sorry....2014 is a bad year for me. I've got 2 kids graduating here in a month and I MUST get the property looking pretty for the celebration at our house.

I was hurt from June-April and I'm way behind on getting it all spiffy.

Enjoy and MORE pics this year!

Just pay some high school kid to come mow your lawn man. Get your ass to WCR poke.gif . I bet your wife & kids would support that biggrin.gif
JRust
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 13 2014, 06:41 AM) *

Doesn't 97 just meet back up with I-5 near Mt. Shasta?

Sorry here is the Route. Route to WCR Yes we get off 97. This keeps us pretty far off I5 most the way down. It's about 100 miles shorter than running i5 then cutting across down south in CA. View is much nicer & the roads better driving.gif
JRust
Planning to meet at Coscto in Eugene about 8:30. Anybody besides Steve & I making the trip?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.