Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifting Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grump
Will not go into any gear that required pushing the shifter forward of the neutral position. 1st,3rd, and I assume, 5th are okay. Tried lengthening the rod, all sorts of adjustments to no avail. Disconnected rod at shifter and tried pulling back selector at trans. It will move between neutral and 3rd easily by pushing selector forward but will not move rearward past neutral. I sent a pm to the good Dr. however, maybe someone here has encountered the same problem. New bushings were put in last week. This is the first time I've tried to back it out of the garage since moving engine and trans from the donor to the roller. It seemed fine when in the donor.
Grump
QUOTE(Grump @ Apr 11 2014, 03:20 PM) *

Will not go into any gear that required pushing the shifter forward of the neutral position. 1st,3rd, and I assume, 5th are okay. Tried lengthening the rod, all sorts of adjustments to no avail. Disconnected rod at shifter and tried pulling back selector at trans. It will move between neutral and 3rd easily by pushing selector forward but will not move rearward past neutral. I sent a pm to the good Dr. however, maybe someone here has encountered the same problem. New bushings were put in last week. This is the first time I've tried to back it out of the garage since moving engine and trans from the donor to the roller. It seemed fine when in the donor.

Apparently po put this sleeve on to act as a bushing of sorts. It was hard to see as it was under the rubber. It was hitting my new bushing and not allowing the rod to go rearward. Thanks to Dr. Evil this morning to keeping me focused on adjustment and not some internal issue..Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.