Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for assistance moving a roller closer to the main hiway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I purchased a 71 roller. It's in Mosier OR. I'm not going to be able to pick it up until June.

Here's a couple ideas I had.

One is for someone to pick up the car, remove the front suspension and gas tank, cut it through the floor from rocker to rocker and place it on a pallet so I can simply have the front clip shipped like freight. It's about half of shipping a roller but it will need to be delivered to a transfer station on a pallet or something.

I only really need the front clip. So the doors, back half of the car and the front suspension could be salvaged by whom ever wants to work the deal. Also I could toss in some cash for the trouble. It should cost around $ 400.00 as freight on a pallet.

Then I thought if the car could be hauled closer to the main transport highways I could ship it as a complete roller for a lot less than the $ 1200.00 that what I was quoted. screwy.gif

Ideas anyone? idea.gif
76-914
Seems high, Rick. Did you get multiple bids?
cary
Where does it need to go to be shipped?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(cary @ Apr 11 2014, 09:44 PM) *

Where does it need to go to be shipped?

I got several quotes. The lowest was $ 850.00 But I highly doubt I would ever see the car for that price. But for $ 1,000.00 I can get it myself.

Car needs to go to MN.
ablesnead
a couple of months ago i had a 914 shipped from L A to south fl went thru a broker...had 100 calls ...700.00 took about 6 days..I refused to pay in advance no problem
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Apr 12 2014, 09:29 PM) *

a couple of months ago i had a 914 shipped from L A to south fl went thru a broker...had 100 calls ...700.00 took about 6 days..I refused to pay in advance no problem

This is a non running roller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.