Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW: Porsche Meeting Triple XXX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Who would be interested in meeting like the last years at the Starbucks next to Exit 7 I-405 and then drive jointly to the Porsche Meeting at Triple XXX in Issaquah? I plan to be at the Starbucks around 10:30 AM and then head over!
NORD

I've been meaning to make that some day. Have to see the weather report as that is not a fun drive in the rain. I'm up. driving.gif
JRust
I'd like to make the trip up. I'll have to see if I can swing it
KELTY360
That's a busy weekend for me but I'll try to make it.
PanelBilly
The only way my car is going to make it is on a trailer. Still no engine, just lots of parts
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 11 2014, 09:08 PM) *

Who would be interested in meeting like the last years at the Starbucks next to Exit 7 I-405 and then drive jointly to the Porsche Meeting at Triple XXX in Issaquah? I plan to be at the Starbucks around 10:30 AM and then head over!

i plan to be there if it is not raining

jerrylike mc donalds better for meeting
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 12 2014, 07:16 AM) *

The only way my car is going to make it is on a trailer. Still no engine, just lots of parts

billy you need to finish that thing while you are still young enough to drive it

jerry
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 11 2014, 09:45 PM) *

I'd like to make the trip up. I'll have to see if I can swing it

hey jamie, if you want to come up the day before you can stay the night at my house
let me know

jerry
AfricanHijinx
I would but thats the same day as PNW Springmeet at the Bellevue college, we have a 67 squareback and a 72 Thing along with my teener all entered
PanelBilly
I need a trailer
arkitect
Billy,

I have found that a car dolly works very well with hauling the teeners around.

Dave smile.gif
Daiberl
Ping to the top, Sunday, April 27th, 10:30 AM a Exit 7 of I-405 at the McD and Starbucks just like the last years!
JRust
I can't make it up this time sad.gif . To many weekends out of town for me lately. With WCR in a couple weeks. I need to hold out until then. Have fun guys & thanks for the offer a place to stay Jerry. Wish I could make the trip up
KELTY360
I'm probably out. Still waiting to hear if I'm going to be out of town.
Bleyseng
Darn, I will still be out of town to attend this.
JRust
Any of you guys planning to go to WCR in Tahoe next month confused24.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ Apr 13 2014, 06:26 PM) *

I would but thats the same day as PNW Springmeet at the Bellevue college, we have a 67 squareback and a 72 Thing along with my teener all entered

Darn it, I like that VW meet, found some good stuff there.. idea.gif
AfricanHijinx
the swap meet is always good at that show I am trying to talk my pregnant wife into going to both
jmmotorsports
i will see how the weather looks when i wake up sunday morning i hope this rain will ease up a bit by then the forcast dose not look good very wet here today i will make it if it gets better

jerry
sixnotfour
Good to hear jerry
xmotox
i will be there if it is not raining.
shoguneagle
Found out about the Triple XXX via historic events/buildings in the NorthWest. I also found they have weekly auto shows/meets/drive destination although out the year. It definitely a worthwhile drive destination and especially when you are driving one of the cars that are being sponsored that week.

The Italian cars and German cars have special event shows the first part of the year and I believe it is happening now. They are one week apart; now have local reasong to drive my Alfa, my 914, my Corvette to each of the sponsored events. Yes, they even have a Corvette event later in the year.

Cannot do it this year since I am completely updating the Alfa for the drive to Laguna Seca in August. The Porsche should be running next year and hopefully it will be dependable/good enough to venture to the Tripple XXX event. The Corvette is ready anytime.

Steve
aircooledtechguy
I already had plans to attend the Springmeet show in Bellevue too. I'll be there with the teener though. biggrin.gif My '67 Square is not yet ready for primetime. AfricanHijinx: what color is your Square?? I'll stop by and say hi.
rjames
I had fun at last year's event but probably won't be able to squeeze it in this year. Some take pictures!
AfricanHijinx
its a rusty red. teener might not make it wife had the baby yesterday
KELTY360
QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ Apr 25 2014, 04:24 PM) *

Woo Hoo! Another future teener! Congratulations.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 25 2014, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(AfricanHijinx @ Apr 25 2014, 04:24 PM) *

Woo Hoo! Another future teener! Congratulations.

CONGRATs!!! It looks like I'll be rollin' in my '62 Ranchero instead of the teener. I have to pick up a bunch of stuff in Olympia after the show.
offwatch
Is there a link to the event? I need an excuse to get the car out although the weather is not looking too good.
Daiberl
QUOTE(offwatch @ Apr 26 2014, 08:26 AM) *

Is there a link to the event? I need an excuse to get the car out although the weather is not looking too good.

http://triplexrootbeer.com/
and
http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/display.asp...amp;Window=Same
moldygreg

Is this confirmed? I see I lot of 'maybe'; if confirmed, we'll meet you at the Strarbucks as stated and roll-in as part of the teener convey.

Greg
driving.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(moldygreg @ Apr 26 2014, 05:45 PM) *

Is this confirmed? I see I lot of 'maybe'; if confirmed, we'll meet you at the Strarbucks as stated and roll-in as part of the teener convey.

Greg
driving.gif

I still plan to be there around 10:30 AM if it's not pouring rain, weather looks like it will start to rain soon but I hope it will be OK tomorrow morning.
moldygreg
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 26 2014, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(moldygreg @ Apr 26 2014, 05:45 PM) *

Greg
driving.gif

I still plan to be there around 10:30 AM if it's not pouring rain, weather looks like it will start to rain soon but I hope it will be OK tomorrow morning.

Ok - we'll plan to meet up. I'll check the boards in the morning before we head out.
My son Miles just got his learner's permit and the 914 is his car that he purchased a few years back --- he's excited to do the event as we went last year but didn't bring his car.

Greg
Rocky
I would so love this but presently have my right door and rear lid off for painting. I have dealt with the PO's poor parking and have finally pulled the door for ding repair and painting. You know how hard it is to purchase single stage paint these days??? Thank god we don't live in CA and can still purchase PPG Concept.

Greenie, I'm closer to perfect paint so beware brutha!
sportlicherFahrer
I'll be there rain or shine. Right now I'm buffing my abused paint under a carport with the music of rain drops over my head like a madman... Sorry for the rain guys. Knew I shouldn't have washed her today... wacko.gif
jmmotorsports
i am not going to make it way too much rain for me i hope it gets better for you guys up there i wish they would move this thing to a date later in the year when the weather is better

jerry
NORD

I'm not going to make it. To much chance of rain and my car is no fun on freeway in the rain. Have a good time all. driving.gif
Daiberl
No rain here in Lake Forest Park, plan to leave around 10 and will drive to the McD/Starbucks at exit 7 of I-405.
moldygreg
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 27 2014, 09:08 AM) *

No rain here in Lake Forest Park, plan to leave around 10 and will drive to the McD/Starbucks at exit 7 of I-405.

Will be there. ETA 10:15

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.