Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Paint Scheme Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonwatts
Well this isn't a new topic but it's always fun to see what people are thinking when it comes to paint schemes (the logo thread got me thinking about this). You don't have to be an artist, it's more like painting by numbers. Just grab a picture of a 914 and use a paint program to throw splotches on different body panels. You don't even have to like what you submit, just get your whacked out ideas out there.

For instance, the other day I was thinking about carbon fiber deck lids and how people often don't paint them. If you were to put unpainted carbon fiber deck lids on a 914, combined with the black roof and vinyl sail panels, you end up with a big wide black stipe down the center of the car. I wondered how that would look so I threw this together.

So let loose with your stripes, swirls, polka dots, whatever.

Jon
ChrisReale
Didnt know I had the propgram...
Dave Cawdrey
I'll give it the ol' quit college twice, try...
Mueller
I see that Jon has been viewing the AA catalog to get 914 drawings laugh.gif laugh.gif
jonwatts
Acutally that drawing came from the 914-6 workshop manual, I had no idea AA was using it.

I used to be able to say I had never given AA a dime but that changed when I bought something from them on Ebay after getting no response from PP on a part that was NLA (you get to choose which PP I mean cuz it doesn't really matter).

914 Woody
JmuRiz
A woodie 914...now you're talkin'. You just need that surfboard mounted to it like "the Surf Porsche" ad biggrin.gif

Nathan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.