Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm coming out of the closet...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
Hi all

I've been a lurker for a few weeks on this site -- learned alot!
thought i might introduce myself with a few pics of my "new" '75 2.0. it's not as trick as a lot of your rides, but it cleans up better than i do and it runs like a little champ.

i'm absolutely in love wub.gif

here we go:
nebreitling
more
nebreitling
and more, sorry they're so big
Brad Roberts
Do you attend the Sat. breakfasts ?? Car looks familiar...just cant place the face.

WELCOME.

B
nebreitling
the pic's make it seem more orange than it is (it's really quite red).

i'm sure i'll have lots of questions to pose for your collective wisdom to fill.... cheers,

nathan driving.gif
nebreitling
hi brad

no, i've never attended, might start though. i just bought the car a month ago from a guy in mountainview named matthew (matt). ring a bell?
Brad Roberts
Ahh yes.. Matt. I knew the car looked familiar. I didnt know Matt sold his car.

B
Demick
Nice looking car!

Your front left headlight is drooping. Easy adjustment - but I can't remember how. I think it is adjusted with the pivot mounts. When you open the front trunk, and look to the inside of the headlight buckets, you will see a triangle shaped piece of metal with 3 bolts fastening it. There is an identical (actually, not sure it's identical) triange piece on the opposite side of the headlight bucket accessible inside of the fender (access through the wheel well). Loosen the bolts, to adjust the position of the headlight. You may have to re-aim your headlights after doing this.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure, because it has been many years since I have done this adjustment.

Good Luck
Demick
Lawrence
Hey.. nice looking car! Welcome to the BBS!

Demick, you're right on target with that advice. Also, you can pull the turn signal bucket to adjust the ones in the fenderwell. (If you have small hands like I do.)

-Rusty
nebreitling
thanks, guys

the next round of pictures shall have this problem fixed!

n
914guy
Welcome to the BBS! Nice looking car!

~Eric
seanery
Welcome! Nice looking car!

Demmick, thanks for the lesson!
I see that on a lot of teeners and didn't know the fix!! boldblue.gif
JeffBowlsby
Hey Nathan, great looking car....for a split scond I htought it might have been Miles Julihns car...but his had mahles...

The next 9:14 breakfast is THIS SATURDAY in Santa Clara! Yahoo! and its just a short drive from Palo Alto. Hope you can make it...and that everyone else can make it too to welcome you to the Bay Area 914 community.

Can you Nail this one Brad...I know there is already too many items Nailed but I gotta ask...

Here is the link to the post with details:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...36&hl=breakfast

Jeff Bowlsby
Brad Roberts
I nailed it.

I removed some of the "crap" that isnt happening soon.

B
nebreitling
thanks, everyone, for your kind responses. i'm afraid that maybe the car looks better in the pics than in the flesh!

i WAS going to replace my pedal board on saturday morning
wink.gif , but now i'm thinking pancakes and eggs might be in order.

see you bright and early (yes, 9:14am is early for me)

nathan
Demick
Join the club. Most of our cars look better in pictures than they do in the flesh. I know mine does!

Demick
Curvie Roadlover
Nice car! Welcome to the BBS. Love those late style bumpers wink.gif
Gint
Welcome Nathan! At least yours runs and is on the road.

Hey check out thi pic
IPB Image

See that screw with the locknut up against the back side of the headlight "frame"? I'm reasonably certain that it's a stop that also could be used for adjustment of the headlight lid. Yours may even be missing. Check for this screw on both sides. I've haven't looked really hard as I'm taking the car apart anyway, but given the placement of this screw, I'm pretty sure it's the stop for the lid. Let us know would ya?
nebreitling
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 29 2003, 02:49 PM)
Nice car! Welcome to the BBS. Love those late style bumpers wink.gif

yeah, i like a set of mammary glands on the front AND the rear. unsure.gif

Gint: thanks for the photo. i'm missing the nut on each side -- maybe that's it... i'll check tomorrow and post back here .

n
Aaron Cox
ive got DHS (droopy headlight syndrome) too! lol2.gif i tried adjusting that screw...didnt help....the PO had the car all taken apart to be painted, and it wasnt reassembled very well sad.gif
bernbomb914
Do all you people that are handicapped drive red sports cars?

Nice car

Bernie
Gint
I take it back. I forgot the donor car still had a full headlight intact. I went out and looked at it. That adjustment screw is for the headlight stop in the UP position, not down. Sorry if I led you astray.
nebreitling
no worries biggrin.gif , i don't have time to look at it until tomorrow

(of course, i had time to kill on this bbs)

love my 'teener, love my handicapped parking...
Lawrence
I trimmed down the pictures for the bandwidth impaired. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.