Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What can happen if you deal with an unknown seller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DEC
You can read it here at PP what's happen to me after
a lot of deals with all good guys from this forum.

Spoke
Transacting over the web with people you don't know has inherent risks.

I've not personally been snagged by anyone but I've become very cautious when buying things over the web.

For the 914, I buy pretty much everything I need from folks on this site, sometimes PP. In all cases I look for the seller to have many posts hopefully in the 100's or 1000's just to show that they are contributing person and not likely a scam artist.
SirAndy
sad.gif
Mikey914
Buyer beware with an unknown quantity. Sure the door handles are only $50 for a set, but we are a large enough community you can probably find someone local to pick up.
over time sellers will show their true colors. Most are legit, but there are a few scumbags out there.
era vulgaris
Lesson learned x100!!!
worn
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Apr 13 2014, 05:00 PM) *

Lesson learned x100!!!

I made a deal for several hundred dollars on the FS section. i sent the money the day of the deal, but shipping dragged for weeks till i said forget it.
But far more often the results have been stellar. You just have to figure that odds favor a bad deal sooner or later. Even here.
DEC
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 14 2014, 04:32 AM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Apr 13 2014, 05:00 PM) *

Lesson learned x100!!!

I made a deal for several hundred dollars on the FS section. i sent the money the day of the deal, but shipping dragged for weeks till i said forget it.
But far more often the results have been stellar. You just have to figure that odds favor a bad deal sooner or later. Even here.

My experiences on 914World are more than positive.
All Guys I dealed with are trustworthy like Greg, Mark,
Bruce and others but if you deal in a great and more anonymous
community like PP you must be more than double carefull.

I have my lesson learned
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.