Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
My son is visiting Davidson college in NC today to make sure he wants to attend in the fall. He sent me this pic.
Qarl
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 13 2014, 05:03 PM) *

My son is visiting Davidson college in NC today to make sure he wants to attend in the fall. He sent me this pic.

Yes... I've seen it before.

On ebay right now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/porsche-914-914-6-...=p2054897.l4275
cwpeden
From ebay add: "This car was owned by Jimmy Johnson (The Nascar Driver) but never race by him because the sponsors didn't like the idea to drive it on a track for fun while getting paid by them."

He drives in NASCAR, but they dont pay him to have fun? I can hear the conversation. "If you want to turn right, do it on your own time!!"
carr914
Car has been For Sale for at least the last 5 Years!

dcecc1968

This one is right in my own backyard (not literally, but I wish). There is some history on this car on the website below.

http://www.blackforestracing.com/index.php...ale/sold/28-911
type47
4742917074 Actually, if I recall, the VIN on the door label was different than the VIN posted in the ad. Not a criticism, just think the owner made a mistake in posting the ad ....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Apr 14 2014, 09:11 AM) *

From ebay add: "This car was owned by Jimmy Johnson (The Nascar Driver) but never race by him because the sponsors didn't like the idea to drive it on a track for fun while getting paid by them."

He drives in NASCAR, but they dont pay him to have fun? I can hear the conversation. "If you want to turn right, do it on your own time!!"

They put that clause in a lot of pro athlete contracts. I guess they expect them to wrap themselves in bubble wrap when not doing whatever they get paid to do... sad.gif
bulitt
Cool Car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.