Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caravan to Hershey from NYC and the Long Island area.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
If you are leaving Friday from the NYC/ CT , north jersey, Long Island area, I will be meeting Porschef at 11 Am in bayside by the cross island Friday the 18th. We will then caravan via the cross Bronx to the GWB, then on to 78.

If you plan to join us please reply to this thread.

wndsnd
Paul

I will be coming through but I wont get out of Hartford till noonish.

Have a great trip.

John
r_towle
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 14 2014, 07:31 PM) *

Paul

Have a great trip.

John

John,

84 west to Scranton....then south to Hershey.
Much nicer drive, and far less traffic...and bumps in the road.

Rich
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 14 2014, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 14 2014, 07:31 PM) *

Paul

Have a great trip.

John

John,

84 west to Scranton....then south to Hershey.
Much nicer drive, and far less traffic...and bumps in the road.

Rich

Got it.

What time are you leaving?
r_towle
Noonish from here...so 2 near Hartford...

MMW
As long as my car gets finished (brake issue) I planned on leaving about this time. I pick up 78 at the Bloomsbury exit. About 15 minutes before pa. Keep me posted. Do you plan to stop for lunch along the way?

Once we get to Hershey I planned on going to the Hershey auto museum Friday afternoon.
914itis
We usually stop at the first rest area after the PA/NJ border toll for leg stretching.
914itis
We can leave up to hr later to accommodate other teeners.
icon_bump.gif
achman_73_2.0
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 17 2014, 03:34 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Looks like I won't be able to make it. Combination of car not working (See MPS thread) and the fact that I am very sick now.

I really wanted to go and meet everyone, but it won't happen unfortunately. Thanks to 914itis for trying to get my car working.

I HAVE A ROOM AT THE KNIGHTS INN that is paid for that I can't use. Anyone need it?

Also, if anyone finds a good MPS you can test that will work with a 2056cc, email me
text me 646-263-6581 and I might paypal you to get it for me.
Big Len
QUOTE(achman_73_2.0 @ Apr 17 2014, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 17 2014, 03:34 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

Looks like I won't be able to make it. Combination of car not working (See MPS thread) and the fact that I am very sick now.

I really wanted to go and meet everyone, but it won't happen unfortunately. Thanks to 914itis for trying to get my car working.

I HAVE A ROOM AT THE KNIGHTS INN that is paid for that I can't use. Anyone need it?

Also, if anyone finds a good MPS you can test that will work with a 2056cc, email me
text me 646-263-6581 and I might paypal you to get it for me.

Sorry to hear that Brian. Were you looking to buy anything at the swap? You want us to look for something that you need like that MPS?
MMW
I'll check this thread tomorrow morning to see what time you end up leaving. It looks like your meeting point (Bayside) is about 1 hr 20min from where I pick up 78. Depending what time you get on the road I may meet you.
Big Len
For those people who are leaving Saturday morning and crossing NJ, a meeting point has been set up at the Lowes Home Center near Easton PA, just north of I-78 on Rt. 33 (exit 71 off I-78) at 7:30 am. From there, it's an hour and a half to Hershey.
914itis
QUOTE(MMW @ Apr 17 2014, 08:29 PM) *

I'll check this thread tomorrow morning to see what time you end up leaving. It looks like your meeting point (Bayside) is about 1 hr 20min from where I pick up 78. Depending what time you get on the road I may meet you.

I will post as I leave bayside and update as we get closer to you.
Zippy69
Leaving North NJ at 3PM
Race Tired Mounted and Balanced- Done
Car detailed and on trailer - Done
Brakes and Clutch Bled - Done
Tool kit put together - Done
Battery Charged - Done
Exotic Beer & Ice Purchased - Done
Gas Can Loaded- Done

Click to view attachment
MMW
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 17 2014, 09:17 PM) *

Ok cool. I should of asked if you guys are freeway flyers or cruisers? My car doesn't cruise at 80. I think it likes a 65-70 but speedo is way off. I don't want to hold anyone up. I'm about 35-40 minutes from 78. My cell is 908 392-3518.
914itis
That's fine.
I will text you when we get to Newark. Is that ok?
bulitt
Last time I had to drive off the island it took 2.5 hours. 2.5 hours after that I was in Maryland. I grew up in Bergen County but I don't know how you guys do this regularly confused24.gif
MMW
QUOTE(MMW @ Apr 18 2014, 06:16 AM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 17 2014, 09:17 PM) *

Ok cool. I should of asked if you guys are freeway flyers or cruisers? My car doesn't cruise at 80. I think it likes a 65-70 but speedo is way off. I don't want to hold anyone up. I'm about 35-40 minutes from 78. My cell is 908 392-3518.

Are you still planning on leaving at 11? Newark should work. It doesn't sound like you are stopping to eat lunch? If you are we'll eat with you guys, if you aren't we will be stopping to eat at Wendys by Cabelas. About 45 minutes from NJ/Pa boarder. You can join or we'll just exit off 78.
914itis
Leaving at 11:30

Lunch sounds good at your mentioned spot. Cell - five one six - 7791502
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.