Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keeping: 1976 Subie Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
blitZ

Decided to keep her. wub.gif
blitZ
More pics
blitZ
Price drop and pick of where the hell hole would be.
IM101
bummer to see a project so close not get finished. Good luck with the sale though.

To those looking, 01-04 2.5L are the ideal NA 4cl for a swap. The only issue that they can sometimes have is leaking head-gaskets, but it looks like some fresh ones have been installed so this should be an awesome power-plant.

-Ian
cvoros
So, what is left to be done? I know the first post says nearly complete, just wondering. Says you have backdated the bumpers, do you have the originals? Not sure why but I prefer the 75/76 model's looks.

I've thought about a Subie conv for a long time with my car, although would have probably used an STI motor. This way I can have a blue original and blue Subie! LOL

blitZ
I don't have the original bumpers.

Items remaining:

Shift linkage
Wiring for ECM and gauges
Install radiator
Alignment as suspension is totally rebuilt.
cvoros
This is really tempting. Only discouraging bit is the estimated HP. 200hp would be a bit more peppy than my 2.0 but the Subie conv I would have liked to do was going to invlove an STI powerplant.

LOL, it would also take a great deal of persuasion with the better half.

still, keeping it in mind
76-914
QUOTE(cvoros @ May 4 2014, 12:10 AM) *

This is really tempting. Only discouraging bit is the estimated HP. 200hp would be a bit more peppy than my 2.0 but the Subie conv I would have liked to do was going to invlove an STI powerplant.

That engine isn't going to cost an arm and a leg to tune, either + 165 ft lbs torque. When you throw turbo in open your wallet. That's a nice car and I'd get it if I wasn't doing one now.
blitZ
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 9 2014, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(cvoros @ May 4 2014, 12:10 AM) *

That engine isn't going to cost an arm and a leg to tune, either + !65 ft lbs torque. When you throw turbo in open your wallet. That's a nice car and I'd get it if I wasn't doing one now.

The Stinger ECU came pre-mapped for this setup from OutFront Motorsports.
blitZ
Got her out in the sun for a few pics.

BIGKAT_83
Pm sent
Chris H.
I knew it wouldn't be long! Go get that thing Bob!
blitZ
Still for sale...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.