Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Fuchs lug bolt question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
What length lug bolt do I need for 2.0 Fuchs? Can I buy it at a flaps/costco/ect?

Thanks
VaccaRabite
In my experience, no.
At least not at a flaps near me.
Cap'n Krusty
The bolts you need are particular to this application, and you'll NEVER find them in a local store. I don't recall the length, but there have been reports that the some of the ones being sold on e-bay are not correct. Others may be. They need to be of the "ball seat" variety. I'm sure someone will chime in with the length.

The Cap'n
sportlicherFahrer
Pelican says they are 38mm x 14mm x 1.5 pitch. Part number 914-361-315-02

Pelican

stugray
And when you find a decent source, I need 4 more.
Brant had 12 for me but I am a little short.

JawjaPorsche
AA has nice ones but not cheap:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Polishe...436131501C.html
Larmo63
Mine measure 1 1/2" long at the threads.....
hot_shoe914
Didn't you get a set with the wheels? Should have been there. I just let my last set go to Garold with the LE.
orthobiz
And original lug bolts are expensive. Something about a cadmium plating? If you ding them, there's a greenish hue beneath the silver.

Paul
mepstein
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 14 2014, 09:38 PM) *

Didn't you get a set with the wheels? Should have been there. I just let my last set go to Garold with the LE.

Donald. I'm good. Scatty is bringing them to Hershey.

I wonder who the supplier is for AA?

Thanks for all the good info everyone.
stugray
A little late but:

IPB Image
orthobiz
I looked recently at AA and some of the bolts had a scored pattern in the conical area, like it was supposed to get more "bite" into the wheel. Not smooth like the originals...?maybe it will score the wheel a bit??

Paul
mepstein
From AA - At last a beautiful set of 914 alloy lug bolts that will complement your beautiful factory alloys. Of the highest quality these polished plated bolts imitate the famous 911 acorn lug nut look while safely securing the 914 alloy wheels to your car with the extra long length. a perfect companion to our Porsche badged center caps available under part number: b914 236 97. These highly polished chrome lugbolts designed specifically for the 914 alloy wheels by ralph boothe have a 911 style head and give the finishig touch to your wheel package. Price: $66.00

Cheaper to get them from the source - http://www.boothedesign.com/boltsstudslugs.html
price: $52.00
ClayPerrine
VW # 701 601 139 B
19mm head, 34 mm total threads, full ball cup

352BMW
17mm head,27mm total threads, half ball cup

The first should work fine. The second would work also.

I also remember an Audi lug bolt that would work too, but I don't have info on that one.

Jon H.
I think Mercedes also has bolts that work, I'm not sure about the finish though.

Jon
larryM
try Mid America Motorworks - page 154 in their 2012 catalog - they also have the plastic bolt covers you desperately want

www.mamotorworks.com/vw/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.