Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Center cap(s) for original Formula Vee Rivieras
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sportlicherFahrer
Looking for a single chrome cap, or a set of clean caps in decent shape for the original style (flat spoke) Riviera wheels with the larger center bores. ISP used to make them, but they aren't available from them anymore. Anyone have anything?
914_teener
I think I've got some of those....black plastic....I think they were "American Eagle" that fit into my Riv's when I had them years back.

Don't know if these are what you want....but they fit.
sportlicherFahrer
Thank you, but the American racing caps are too small for the original riv's unless they made a version with the larger hole as well. I think all the snap in black plastic caps are approximately 2 7/8" or so.
Tom_T
Try over on TheSamba.com under Vendors &/or wheels & tires.

There was a guy in TX going by TheAndrade or something who had to chrome bullet style caps in the same shape as the original Rivs (but without the reveresed "r" logo). They are plasti-chrome & you can get the sticky-back Porsche Crest centers to go on them too.

There were a couple of other vendors of them on there too. Maybe try Dubbers Toybox in Westminster, Fountain Valley or Garden Grove in the OC CA (also on Samba website).

beerchug.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Thank you. I'll look into those and see what I find. If I don't post here that I found any, I'm still looking.
ndfrigi
Just to share mine which I believed what Tom_T mentioned but I got mine from a 914world member from his old stash. Try to zoom if it help you see what it looks like. God bless!

Click to view attachment
BoogerGreen14
ebay ad

I found these when I was looking for black ones.
sportlicherFahrer
I appreciate all the help guys. Most of those caps are for the American Racing style Riv's. I have the original Formula Vee style wheels with the larger bore (82mm). Please excuse the dirty car. She needs a bath!

IPB Image
914_teener
Wow.....those are rare and in good shape...they look good on the car......good luck with yoir search.
rhodyguy
those wheels look REAL nice jim. edit the title, get rid of the riviera mention and insert form vee. post a picture of one of the caps.

for someone who might have some stray caps lying around…those wheels require the ones that install from the rear of the center opening. metal (not plastic).
sportlicherFahrer
Thank you guys. I would really love to find a set of the ISP center caps, but they are hard to find these days. There are some variants of the plastic caps that will fit, but not many of those out there either. Here's a shot of the ISP caps:

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.