Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4742915208 Bumble Bee Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Since Ol Crusty is finally here I thought I would start a thread on the Bumble Bee 4742915208.

Short story, I found it by mistake, it was listed on craigslist in Little Rock AR as a 72 914. It was in a junk yard there. I posted a thread about it, you can read that HERE.

Donald Russell aka hot_shoe914 was able get it checked out then purchased and brought it to his home in Memphis. After a few PM's & phone calls I bought it from him. This past weekend I made the 5 state 1200 mile round trip and brought it home to Portage Indiana. My plan is to bring it back to life, it may be a year before I can get started, but it will live again.

COA
Click to view attachment

Here are some pictures as found in the junk yard.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

A few when I picked it from Donald.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I will post more pictures later this week of the condition of Ol Crusty.
Qarl
Awesome.
Larmo63
It really doesn't look all that horrible. Mine was found in a junk yard and it looked a LOT better just cleaned. I'm looking forward to this restoration. smilie_wirdgut.gif
Chris H.
Awesome. That's gonna be a keeper. You don't STILL have those old creamsicle rims do you?
KELTY360
Classic story! Glad you're going to save this one. That's going to take a lot of stuff. Too bad you don't have a source of parts to draw from. shades.gif
rick 918-S
Nice! you guy's did good! Get it torn down lets see what it needs.
IanS
This is such a brilliant feel-good story, like a barn find. Good luck with it!
GeorgeRud
Gotta love all the info on that COA! Makes you happy to spend all that money on it, doesn't it.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
zymurgist
aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
Gotta love all the info on that COA! Makes you happy to spend all that money on it, doesn't it.

chair.gif it really is a waste of money, but at least it is confirmed

Awesome. That's gonna be a keeper. You don't STILL have those old creamsicle rims do you?

sad.gif Nope, sold those years ago.

Nice! you guy's did good! Get it torn down lets see what it needs.

Rick, I will later this summer, right now I have list a mile long before I get to it.

It comes off the trailer tomorrow and I will get more pictures posted soon thereafter.

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 15 2014, 09:36 AM) *

Classic story! Glad you're going to save this one. That's going to take a lot of stuff. Too bad you don't have a source of parts to draw from. shades.gif

I know, not sure where I will be able to find any parts from. laugh.gif
pete000
Nice Rescue !!!!!
hot_shoe914
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.