Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1975 Porsche 914 2.0 l
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
robrob
1975 914 2.ol...Matching Numbers vin.....4752905505 in all 4 locations.....
Engine GC001687
Very original 914...found in 20 = years storage.
I'm 3rd owner ...2nd owner put about 100 miles on a car
2 rust areas repaired...hell hole...small area under spare tire
Repainted original Signal Orange
New fuel system ...original fuel injection.
Reworked interior...about a 9 out of 10
Purchased the Riviera wheels...2 new tires..other 2 good
Bushings replaced...shifts beautifully
Very good power...could drive this car home...anywhere
First at 10000.00 gets herClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
MikeInMunich

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

confused24.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
robrob
sorry took me a second to hit the pics
Tom_T
Rob,

FYI - the term "matching numbers" means that all of the VIN, Chassis, engine case & transaxle case numbers match that shown on the factory build sheet (Kardex - which Porsche won't give us copies of it) or Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche (COA).

I think you're stating that you have the VIN correct in all 4 places - RF inner wheelhouse top, RF headlight bucket plate, windshield frame plate & LS door jamb sticker.

Also the Karmann Plate's Chassis # (at LF door jamb driver side) should match the stamped one in the back of the rear trunk floor.

Then you'd need to confirm that the engine's GC case # matches a COA (you can get them from PCNA & PCA members save $20 IIRC).

Sometimes rarely the COA (based on the "Kardex" build sheet noted above) will also list the transaxle case # stamped on the lower spine on the bottom of the transaxle about midway-ish F to back. Most didn't have it recorded.

Some super concours like AACA etc. expect every part to be date/build-# matched, but that can only apply as far as manufacturer records went! dry.gif

So you may want to tweak your ad above (& at CL) to reflect what you do have matching or not, & whether you have the COA, will get one, or whatever.

Nice looking resto-mod of a 75 914 - so I'm not sure that your target buyers would worry too much for numbers matching, since it's been changed from original or restored to original look.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
robrob
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 15 2014, 04:15 PM) *

Rob,

FYI - the term "matching numbers" means that all of the VIN, Chassis, engine case & transaxle case numbers match that shown on the factory build sheet (Kardex - which Porsche won't give us copies of it) or Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche (COA).

I think you're stating that you have the VIN correct in all 4 places - RF inner wheelhouse top, RF headlight bucket plate, windshield frame plate & LS door jamb sticker.

Also the Karmann Plate's Chassis # (at LF door jamb driver side) should match the stamped one in the back of the rear trunk floor.

Then you'd need to confirm that the engine's GC case # matches a COA (you can get them from PCNA & PCA members save $20 IIRC).

Sometimes rarely the COA (based on the "Kardex" build sheet noted above) will also list the transaxle case # stamped on the lower spine on the bottom of the transaxle about midway-ish F to back. Most didn't have it recorded.

Some super concours like AACA etc. expect every part to be date/build-# matched, but that can only apply as far as manufacturer records went! dry.gif

So you may want to tweak your ad above (& at CL) to reflect what you do have matching or not, & whether you have the COA, will get one, or whatever.

Nice looking resto-mod of a 75 914 - so I'm not sure that your target buyers would worry too much for numbers matching, since it's been changed from original or restored to original look.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom...thanks for the info, That is why I like this site. Lots of members sharing good information. Most are even polite.
Again...thanks will tweak.
rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.