Full Version: Identifying 1.7L tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
I need the 2 pieces of tin from the bottom of the 1.7L engine,
items 11 and 12 below:
Click to view attachment
item numbers from the 914_USA_PET
Click to view attachment
going to Hershey this weekend...hoping to find these pieces.
I have plenty of the same pieces for the 2.0L

....assuming they are not the same?
how do you tell the difference??? confused24.gif
type47
I think #11 is the same for all MY but #12 is different for tail shifters and side shifters. The difference is for #12 for tail shifters, the shift rod is "covered" by the piece, that is, the rod goes between the tin and the engine whereas for side shifters, the rod is "outside" the tin, in other words the tin is between the rod and the engine. The pieces differ in the curved area with curvature in opposite orientation between the 2 pieces. The curvature in the #12 piece shown in the figure would be for a tail shifter...

(I edited this while McMark replied, hopefully he still agrees....)
McMark
agree.gif
rmital
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 15 2014, 12:31 PM) *

I think #11 is the same for all MY but #12 is different for tail shifters and side shifters. The difference is for #12 for tail shifters, the shift rod is "covered" by the piece, that is, the rod goes between the tin and the engine whereas for side shifters, the rod is "outside" the tin, in other words the tin is between the rod and the engine. The pieces differ in the curved area with curvature in opposite orientation between the 2 pieces. The curvature in the #12 piece shown in the figure would be for a tail shifter...

..so then...the tins I have for my side shifter 2.0L will work for the 1.7L side shifter set up?
bdstone914
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 15 2014, 09:39 AM) *

..so then...the tins I have for my side shifter 2.0L will work for the 1.7L side shifter set up?

Yes. Varies with trans type not engine size.
rmital
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 15 2014, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 15 2014, 09:39 AM) *

Yes. Varies with trans type not engine size.

dam...got a nice 050 dizzy from Brant....already have plenty of tins for my fresh 1.7L...won't need to bring my wallet to Hershey this year.

oh yeah, wife and daughter will be with me...will be spending plenty.... flag.gif
r_towle
more chocolate smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.