Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case modification?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-JR-
Does anyone know why someone would dremel out these areas of the case, where the cylinders slide in?

IPB Image

Thanks!

-JR-
Mueller
possibly due to interferance issues with the cylinders???

factory or aftermarket cylinders?
SLITS
IPB Image

Wrong pistons.....skirt clearance

Poor cleanup of casting flash

Disguise/eliminate stress cracking

Somebody with more time on their hands than sense
-JR-
It has 96mm "jugs" on it but the piston skirts don't come down that far nor do the cylinders seem to need this.

I dunno?!

-JR-
Jake Raby
Was it a stroker??

It may have been in a past life and someone screwed up the combo with a stock rod.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 12 2005, 02:12 PM)
Was it a stroker??

It may have been in a past life and someone screwed up the combo with a stock rod.

IPB Image

to short a rod? to long a piston skirt with a big crank?
SLITS
Is there any "dremeling" on the parting line of the case halves?
DJsRepS
Stroker is what I was thinking. Can the clearances be checked with case split, crank laying on its bearing piston on rod and no rings with cyl slid on studs with no head just spacers and nuts and cam laying in place as well and turning it over slowly? And would'nt it need special short skirt pistons with stroker crank?
bryanthompson
This is one of my favorite case mods:
IPB Image
DJsRepS
Thats a cool mod job me likes IPB Image
Bleyseng
QUOTE (-JR- @ Jan 12 2005, 12:31 PM)
Does anyone know why someone would dremel out these areas of the case, where the cylinders slide in?

Thanks!

-JR-

Thats one of Pauls (URY914) old cases where he was lightening it. Do the rods have holes drilled in them too?

Geoff IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.