Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about selling wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
Apologies in advance if the garage is the wrong place to post this.

I'm not sure why, but I've come to realize that after 40+ years of 914 ownership some projects (like flares) are probably never going to happen . . . but I need a little advice in getting ready to sell some of the stuff I've collected along the way.

For example, I have a set of fuchs off a 944 (16x7 and x8, PN 951-). The 8s are pretty nice, but the fronts are more than a little crappy (looks like DAPO buggered up a lug hole drilling off a wheel lock on one, the other has been curbed in a couple of spots). The good news it that I have a pair of 16x7s from a 911, same size and offset as the front 951s.

Should I put the 7" 911 wheels with the 8" 951 and sell (or trade) them as a set, or is it better to sell these things as pairs? What about the iffy ones--sell as a crappy pair, or split and sell as singles (or hose reels)?

Thanks in advance, and again, my apologies if I'm in the wrong forum.

All the best,

Steve A-

mepstein
Sell the pairs on pelican. It's done all the time.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 15 2014, 04:43 PM) *

Sell the pairs on pelican. It's done all the time.

agree.gif selling singles is almost always a bad idea. Pairs sell quickly.
carr914
Pairs!

The 8's are a Popular Wheel
anderssj
OK, it seems we have a consensus . . . pairs it is. I'll be putting them up shortly.

Thanks guys!

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.