Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Car Show & Shine Grants Pass, OR Saturday April 26th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
relentless
I saw this ad in our local Craigslist:

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/4411615225.html

I decided to get my 1976 914 out of the garage for the first time in ages and attend. I'm hoping that there might be some members or lurkers in our area who also could attend. I look forward to seeing any 914 fan who can make it! biggrin.gif

JRust
Dang I've got tickets to the Civil War BB game that day. Otherwise I would consider coming down. I'll see how things look next weekend. Might be tempted to skip the game & drive down idea.gif
relentless
JRust, I'd like to meet you in person. I emailed ShogunEagle and he said he would attend if he could so I am looking forward to perhaps meeting him.

I was able to fire the '76 up today. I will have to take those Boyd wheels off, however, as the fit is just too tight on the rear.

I also need a new battery, does anyone have any suggestions on what works best for a 914 these days? I am thinking a sealed gel cell perhaps?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 16 2014, 07:58 PM) *

I also need a new battery, does anyone have any suggestions on what works best for a 914 these days? I am thinking a sealed gel cell perhaps?

I use the Optima 34R drycell smile.gif
relentless
OK, this was the first car show I've ever entered. I have no doubt that my 914 was the "cleanest" car in the show, but there was no award for that. Heck, they didn't even look in the bottom of the trunks which I had cleaned with a toothbrush to the point they looked brand new. My wife cleaned the windows and interior about 15 times and there wasn't a gnat on them!

The lady who had put the ad in Craigslist "calling all teeners" to attend, she finally showed up but without her car. Said the master cylinder had gone out on her, so I had to tease her a bit about my 914 being lonely with all those VW Beetles surrounding it. But she was good people, and showed me a picture of her signal orange ’70 914.

We had rain all week here in southern Oregon up to today, so I think a lot of people didn't attend due to the fear of rain. Vintage VolksWagons dominated the show. I met some neat people, one gentleman restores cars and by cars he said like 917's!!! Imagine having that on your resume! Needless to say, I got his card and want to go by and see what he's up to sometime.

There must have been at least a half a dozen guys who came up and told me a story about a 914 they once owned, or riding in one with their father or a friend.

I ended up with best '76 and newer car, but lost out on best interior to a Karmann Ghia. I was a bit bummed there wasn’t a separate category for original survivor cars and restored cars. But it was a fun event and weather permitting, I’ll do it again.
boxstr
I definetly would have given you an award for Best of Show. Really nice looking 914, love the plaid inserts.
Craig at CAMP
Black22
smilie_pokal.gif
steuspeed
+1 on the plaid inserts. Nice looking car. I just got the seat heat kits from Camp914 for x-mas. Been thining about changing seat cover material when I get them insalled. hmm....
relentless
There was a guy who had a Volvo interior re-done using fairly modern Mustang seats. He said he got the matching material at http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ in Portland, OR. He said they had an incredible variety of material available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.