Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Less spendy Porsche SUV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2mAn
confused24.gif
steuspeed
I like the wheels and the exterior. The interior... meh. Never liked the newer Porsche interiors. They have the same giant console as the Panamera too. barf.gif
iamchappy
The thing has a nice hood, but i cant figure out how it would open.
Elliot Cannon
Dual turbo 3 liter V 6. Hmmm. Will it fit in a 914?
messix
so whats next they build a sport car that rides and handles like a suv confused24.gif

dumb screwy.gif
r_towle
A pickup truck would sell....
JmuRiz
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 17 2014, 05:21 PM) *

The thing has a nice hood, but i cant figure out how it would open.

IPB Image
Twin layer to satisfy pedestrian crash standards and uses it for an airbox too.

Not sure about it being less spendy, it's only a few hundred less than a base Pepper-wagon.
It's supposed to be a quick little sucker. Too rich for my blood ...
ThePaintedMan
Aren't we talking about a VW SUV? It is of course, a re-badged Tiguan.
Andyrew
Its going to be less spendy when they introduce the base model.. Right now its the same price as a base Cayenne..
sbsix
I read that it's based on the Audi Q5, but since they're all owned by VW now, I'm sure it's part of the family tree. Somehow having a really fast, good handling SUV just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Guess I just don't like whats happened to Porsche in the last couple of decades making SUVs and sedans. Gotta survive somehow I suppose.
Andyrew
What about the old infinity FX? That was a hot little sports crossover..
struckn
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Apr 18 2014, 08:48 AM) *

Aren't we talking about a VW SUV? It is of course, a re-badged Tiguan.

Not a Tiguan, the Tiguan is a Golf GTI platform with a 2.0 Turbo 200 HP and half the cost. The Porsche is more of a Q5 but they said it has a Porsche 6 engine.

confused24.gif
jim912928
I have an audi SQ5...looks a lot like it right down to the v6. I have to admit...when I have to drive the SUV it's just more fun flipping down the highway using my paddle shifters!

My take...if you can't be in the 914 you might as we'll be in something fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.