Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Can someone with an original 6 tell me the length of the oil dispstick?
rudedude
mine is 13 1/8" overall, 11 3/4 to bend of handle that stops it in the tube
bcheney
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(rudedude @ Apr 19 2014, 03:14 PM) *

mine is 13 1/8" overall, 11 3/4 to bend of handle that stops it in the tube

The one I am using is 11 3/4 overall. I now need to find one the length of yours! The correct part number for a 914/6 dipstick is 90110777040. Anyone have one they want to sell...the price from Porsche is a bit high... The one I have is for a 70-73 911, part number 90110777000 and is NLA.
rudedude
The picture looks to be the same length as the one in my 70 911S.
There was someone here a couple years ago that I thought was going to make these.
r_towle
It's a piece of steel.
Get a matching picture posted so you can see it clearly of the correct one, then take what you have to the vice and in bend the top hoop, flatten it out with a hammer and then bend it so it's the right length....
Johny Blackstain
From my six-
total length: 13 & 3/16"
dip length: a fraction over 10 & 3/4"
brant
There is a thread on here with measurements and examples
bcheney
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Apr 19 2014, 05:59 PM) *

From my six-
total length: 13 & 3/16"
dip length: a fraction over 10 & 3/4"

How many inches from the bottom are the min and max marks?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(bcheney @ Apr 19 2014, 07:35 PM) *

There is no max or min line, there is only one line w/ a dimple in the middle of it. From the bottom of the stick to the line/dimple it's exactly 3 & 5/8".
bcheney
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Apr 19 2014, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(bcheney @ Apr 19 2014, 07:35 PM) *

There is no max or min line, there is only one line w/ a dimple in the middle of it. From the bottom of the stick to the line/dimple it's exactly 3 & 5/8".

Ok thanks for that info.
ben*james
Does it matter if you have a conversion? Does it matter what size engine?
Novice questions.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(ben*james @ Apr 19 2014, 09:20 PM) *

Novice questions.

Good questions & not so novice I think. My six is an original six but it has a 2.7 in it so I don't really know.
Qarl

Novice questions.

WTF.gif

Does it matter if your reply makes you seem like douchebag?

Hey, we all have questions and we're here to help, not make snide remarks.

ben*james
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 19 2014, 06:55 PM) *

Novice questions.

WTF.gif

Does it matter if your reply makes you seem like douchebag?

Hey, we all have questions and we're here to help, not make snide remarks.

Poorly phrased beerchug.gif
I'm curious of the answer as I no very little about the issue, and many others I'll tell ya.

My four year old was headed for trouble so I was rushing to move on. Hit the post button a little too fast.

Sorry you got your panties in a uproar happy11.gif bootyshake.gif
SLITS
I use the 911 stick in my 2.7 setup. All it would mean is you're carrying a bit more oil in the tank if you fill it full. I run mine about 1 quart low by the stick. Still have 10+ quarts in the system.
Qarl
An uproar... LOL... I keed, I keed.

I guess you can "read" the question two ways. (Yes, I have OCD issues!)

I took it to mean you were calling him a novice which is hardly the case since he built his conversion a while back and did most of the work himself. sawzall-smiley.gif

chair.gif

The 911 engine in the 914 uses a dry sump system. The oil tank sits in the fender well off to the side and the oil dip stick goes in there.

Behind the gold cap in this pic.

IPB Image

So I don't think size matters, it's the motion of the ocean (that's what my wife says at least)...

But engine size doesn't matter to your question.

But in regards to the 914-6 oil tanks... I think what matters is if its a factory oil tank or an aftermarket like a Velios tank.
ben*james
Lol! Cheers.
r_towle
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 20 2014, 12:25 AM) *

An uproar... LOL... I keed, I keed.

So I don't think size matters, it's the motion of the ocean (that's what my wife says at least)...

Not what she told me......douchebag biggrin.gif
Mikey914
I haven't been spending as much time here as the day job has been sucking it up lately. That and a few other cool things that I'm working on that I'm sure you all will love. It has to do with the roofs, but it's MUCH bigger.

Anyhow I Just got a PM to remind me about a project I long ago started and wound up on a shelf. My own fault, but I'm about 1/2 done. I'm going to wrap these up. I would see 3 weeks would be about what it should take. I'm going to have my son Taylor help out.

Here's where I'm at.-
Located the proper steel and had cut an d-burred. Got the notch cut in the end, just need to make the form top do the loop and the tool to bump the 3 ridges.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.