Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: CA registration for gray-market car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davesprinkle
OK, my friend just brought his 1987 Citroen 2CV from Italy. It's presently on the east coast, but he plans to bring it to CA. Anybody know if he'll be able to title it in CA? If so, how?
shoguneagle
I believe California still has under law the age of a car coming in from importing is 25 years. Appears his car is 27 years old. Unless the law has changed in the last ten years since I have left California he should be able to bring it in. He may have to get the special Historic License Plate.

I could be wrong so be sure to check everything out.
larryM
SIMPLE - just fill out an application for original registration, (find it online at DMV site) and have the car VIN certified by a local Cop or CHP - or, some local DMV's will do it when you come in with the papers

or look in Cruisin' News for ad - Donna in Grass Valley - will do the whole job & you get the plates & title in mail

i have done this many times

warning - don't make it complicated - the CHP guys will rake you over the coals looking for evidence of theft
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.