http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/55435229.html
CCLINCRAIGSLIST
Mueller
not bad for $200.....hmmmmm???
boxstr
Go for it..
CCLINSJ
TheCabinetmaker
Dammmn, if this was in my back yard, It would be gone.
lapuwali
We should start parts car group buys. One person has to want the chassis and can haul it off. The others put up enough to pick off parts they need. There have been too many deals like this lately.

I'll buy this car for that price, if someone else will take the car with the parts I don't take. It'll be a roller, and I won't be taking all that much. I don't have a truck or trailer to haul this thing off, and I have no place to keep a parts car, but for that price...

PM or email me...
boxstr
Jenny needs a trans.
CCLINSIDESHIFTER
Mueller
I've space at work, but I don't need a complete chassis, just some parts as well.....I bet McMark would take it.....my trailer is at home, but I plan on hauling my white car down to SJ next week (I hope)
lapuwali
I thought Jenny was getting the trans from that other fab deal McMark was hauling off. In any case, I'd like the trans, but I don't need it. I'd be willing to let it go, but SOMEONE has to take the roller and haul it away. They'll get it free plus whatever beverage suits them.

I'm serious, here. PM or email me. Jenny, if you don't already have one, you can have the gearbox.
McMark
I'd take the chassis as long as it could be stored "somewhere" (read: Mueller's) until my new shop opens Mid-Feb. Then all the cars in my driveway will be gone and I'll have to fill those spaces up with something. IPB Image
Rhodes71/914
If none of you are going to jump on this I will. emailed the seller, we'll see if it is still available.
McMark
I sent an email to the guy. Looks like Mike will pick it up, Jenny with get the tranny and I'll "dispose" of the chassis. Now to come up with the $200... IPB Image
McMark
Okay, James is paying, he get's what he wants. Jenny get's the Tranny and Mike and I will split the rest.
lapuwali
Hey. Deal stands. I'll buy the car, Mike can store it temporarily, Jenny can have the trans, you have everything Mike and I don't take off it. I think we can promise you a roller, but that's about it. I need rear calipers, EFI bits, and may take the engine and HEs. I have no need for body parts or glass, etc.
Rhodes71/914
Sorry, when I was in the process of making my reply it didn't sound like anybody was going to snag this.
neo914-6
James et all,
If you get it, I need a hood and deck with hinges for "experimentation" so condition is not critical. I could use the bumpers too. I have temp space in my SJ home driveway after my race car is off to Seattle next week. Who's coordinating this? Oh and I have cash... IPB Image
Felix
boxstr
Hey can I have the targa bar pad if any good, read no cracks, let me know on the dashpad.
CCLINCRAIGSLIST
lapuwali
Still haven't heard back from the guy. I'll keep everyone posted.
Rhodes71/914
I have to ask this question,

What if the car is in relatively good shape? Does it make sense to part it out?

Why not keep another one on the road?

Just a thought.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 12 2005, 10:52 PM)

Just a thought.

That is exactly the reason I would jump on this car. You can't go wrong. For 200 bucks, even if ya can't make it run, well, there's for sure 200 worth of parts on it. If you can make it run, it may be worth more to someone else, and most importantly, you keep another one on the road.
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Jan 12 2005, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 12 2005, 10:52 PM)

Just a thought.

That is exactly the reason I would jump on this car. You can't go wrong. For 200 bucks, even if ya can't make it run, well, there's for sure 200 worth of parts on it. If you can make it run, it may be worth more to someone else, and most importantly, you keep another one on the road.

Exactly. The guy says no title, but I just titled 2 vehicles in the last six months that had no title when I got them.

Everybody wants to strip this car apart. Check it out first then decide.

My .02
McMark
I don't plan on cutting it up.
Rhodes71/914
I didnt say anything about cutting it up I was talking about the parts grab that has been talked about before anyone has even seen the car. That's all.
skline
All I can say is "Man, what a bunch of vultures". Here I am looking all over for a car to restore as a stock driver and you guys tear them apart and divy them up all over the place.
McMark
The parts that would come off this car go to keep others running. IPB Image

What's the difference?
McMark
Scott, if you want the car, come and get it from me once I get it. I don't need it.

I've seen so many nice cars sit and sit and sit. Kinda takes the wind out of your save-them-all sails.
boxstr
Interesting thing about the $400 73 2.0 914 in Sunnyvale, on craigslist the other day. I called and one person was on the way over. I later found out he happened to be the guy I sold my Silver 73 911 to.
He posted on crailgslist for some 914-6 conversion parts, he emailed me back, he called and we talked for a long time., he is now on the 914club site,stuttgart englander. And he is using the $400 914 from craigslist to build a 914-6 GT.
I will continue to keep the board posted with any new cars for sale, wherever they might be. Lets just keep them on the road.
CCLINCRAIGSLIST
Jenny
wow, guys. Good lookin' out. I stray from the board for 4 hours, and this thing just spiraled outta control all on it's own. When I first started reading the thread, I was thinking "Wow! Great. Thanks Craig. Exactly what I was looking for!" and then about two posts later, I was thinking "Oh well, it was good while it lasted. There's two pages worth of this thread already. I'm sure the car's spoken for." and I read further and lo and behold, you guys were still saving the tranny for me! Regardless of whether this happens or not, I love all of you here!

I was just talking to a 914 owner yesterday. He knows of the club, but hasn't really checked us out. I told him about our awesome network of support. He said that would really come in handy come spring when he's driving his 914 back from his parents' in Arizona. I was so proud of our club when I told him how many times we've come to eachother's aid. IPB Image

Alright, enough sentiments. Someone let me know about the tranny when they hear back. And I've got some dough to toss into the pot for this.

Thanks again, guys!
Jen
lapuwali
No. Buy the car and haul it off before the guy comes to his senses, then decide. If the tub is nice enough to form the basis of a new car, I presume that's exactly what Mark has in mind for it, since that's his business. If not, it will provide bits to restore other cars. If it ends up being a rust-free 2.0 that only needs a bit of work to get going, perhaps I'll keep it, but that's pretty unlikely.

We'll see, if I ever hear back from the owner.
boxstr
Here is the car.
scruz914
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Jan 12 2005, 09:52 PM)

Just a thought.

The more 914s taken off the road makes our's that are on the road more valuable. Supply and demand. I don't like it though. I am happier to see more 914s saved when possible.

What is the condition of the top? I know there are plenty out there but mine is crap and this might be an opportunity.

-Jeff
Jenny
Nobody's heard back yet? IPB Image

Jen
lapuwali
I haven't.
Rhodes71/914
I haven't either, I'm thinking somebody snatched it up and the guy got so many emails he is just deleting them. IPB Image
Jenny
that's my only beef with craigslist. Would a simple short note like "Sorry, car already sold. Thanks anyway" be too much to ask for?

Jen
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 13 2005, 09:22 AM)
that's my only beef with craigslist. Would a simple short note like "Sorry, car already sold. Thanks anyway" be too much to ask for?

Jen

Seems to me like it's more than just craigslist. Have had the same experience with other classifieds on the web. People get what they want them just turn there back. Personaly I try to respond to every one, how hard is it to do a bulk reply.
boxstr
I have to concur. But one thing we forget, not everyone is checking email as often as most of us on this list do.
I don't think it is unusual for someone to post and then take off and forget about what they are doing. For some it is a one time, wham bam thank you.
CCLINCRAIGSLIST
neo914-6
IPB Image Not everyone uses the web frequently. Even with frequent checks, some emails get lost in the email Bulk filter folders as it can't always distinguish what is spam or "good" mail...one downside to e-mail. I now filter my Bulk filter!

Of course the guy didn't leave a phone # so he "should" be prepared for email responses...
Mueller
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 13 2005, 10:03 AM)
Nobody's heard back yet? IPB Image

Jen

nothing from this guy...but I'm looking at an gas welding rig tonight in Cambell from an ad I found on Craigslist last night....still waiting for the guy with the TIG to e-mail me back IPB Image
lapuwali
There are also idiots who post these things, then go on vacation for two weeks. Sometimes, they'll even say in the post they're doing this. If you're disappearing for two weeks, why post it now and not two weeks from now?
Rhodes71/914
I'm assuming nobody ever heard from the seller of this $200 beauty.
McMark
No word on my end. Maybe it's bad luck to do this. Both have fallen through. IPB Image
914 novice
Hi everyone,I was trying to pick this car up too!It looks like we emailed him about the same time.I saw that there was a couple of hours between his post and my email to him so i offered him $300 to get his attention in case he hadn't checked his in box yet.No reply!
lapuwali
Heard back, and it turned out to be a cherry 914/6 with 15 miles on it, being sold by a blind old woman who's son had vanished mysteriously years ago. Jenny wouldn't want a tailshifter, and I couldn't use those pesky /6 rear calipers, so took it to Barret-Jackson and sold it on for $80K to a Burger King franchisee who'd first gotten laid in a brand-new 914/6 and was hoping the magic would work twice...

Then I woke up to an empty inbox.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.