Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I going to have clearance issues?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
If I mount the MSD on the firewall behind the driver, do I need to worry about it being in the way of the rainhats? Just tiring to get everything ready for the engine.

Click to view attachment
Mike D.
No, that is exactly where mine is mounted. MSD6al mounted vertically behind driver. Put the engine in first then mount the msd where there is room.
john77
Mine has plenty of room right behind the driver. My MSD's bolted to a plate attached to the battery tray, so it faces the back of the passenger seat sandwiched between the battery and the firewall.

Click to view attachment
tomeric914
PB, I mounted my MSD on the trunk away from the engine. IIRC, it doesn't interfere with anything in the trunk and I can still put the targa back there. Not sure if it shows on my build thread or not. Drop me a PM and I'll get some pics if it isn't.
Tom
tomeric914,
From that, I guess the orange and black wires in the sheath from the MSD to the coil can be a good distance away with no issues?
Tom
tomeric914
QUOTE(Tom @ Apr 21 2014, 08:49 PM) *

I guess the orange and black wires in the sheath from the MSD to the coil can be a good distance away with no issues?

As long as the black and orange aren't extended farther than the factory MSD harness then you should not have any issues.
campbellcj
^^^ Same here, MSD boxes are in the rear trunk w/ no problems.
iamchappy
Should have no problems with a firewall mount if mounted high and on drivers side.
It's where i mounted mine, different intake setup shades.gif but i think you can see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.