Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: error in relay board wire color?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
I'm working on the harness for a project and found a difference between the relay board wire color and the schematic wire color. My question is about the wire color code for the wire in the T 12/7 of the relay board. The relay board diagram shows a black/red wire in the T 12/7 ...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_73E.jpg

but the schematic shows a black wire in the T 12/7 connector track 86 ...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_74E.jpg

I think it should be black (no red stripe) in the relay board diagram. It's the wire that attaches to the coil terminal 15 which is black if I recall. I'd go to the garage and look at it but I'm at "work". Any thoughts?
76-914
the blk is switched power from fuse 9
type47
that's part of it; from fuse 9, the black connects to the relay board via T 14/8 but the relay board diagram has me looking for a black/red wire at T 12/7 and the schematic has me looking for a black wire out of T 12/7...
jcd914
It may be as simple as "they changed the wire color they used in 74".

The relay panel diagram you are looking at is for 1973 and the current flow diagram you are looking at is for 1974.

I don't know confused24.gif

It really only matters, that pin 7 of the 12 pin connector goes to the + terminal on the coil.

Jim
JeffBowlsby
I have not looked it up on the harness diagrams on my wiring harness website but the two wires that go to the coil from T12 are in the ignition harness, one is black/red, the other black/purple. In 74/75 if I recall correctly, there is a black wire that goes from the coil to the dual relay, but please look at my diagrams to confirm.
type47
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Apr 22 2014, 06:06 AM) *

It may be as simple as "they changed the wire color they used in 74".

The relay panel diagram you are looking at is for 1973 and the current flow diagram you are looking at is for 1974.

It really only matters, that pin 7 of the 12 pin connector goes to the + terminal on the coil.

all true, probably overthinking this headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.