Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy! You've Inspired Important Innovation!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
What will they think of next? A camera that lets you refocus AFTER you've taken the photo! check out the interactive at the bottom of THIS page. Definitely shouldn't imply that Andy's the only offender, just that he has the humor and good sense to go along with the ribbing, but everyone here does it at some point. Is that cool or what? You're an inspiration! So thank you, Andy.

Cap'n Krusty
I've been following this thing since pre-production days. I was initially interested but found little photographic value, even as art, and bargain priced used/refurbed units are readily available, just months after they came to market. Use depends on using the company site for processing the resulting images, IIRC. Even with my meager and as-yet undeveloped Photoshop skills, I like to do my own manipulation right here on my own computer ...................

The Cap'n
Valy
The technology only works for extreme close-up. Anything else and you just waste your resolution.
They have a pixel decimation rate worst then 1:100.
even Andy's photos look in focus at that rate.
stugray
If anyone is interested in Optical technology, look up femto-second photography.

It allows things like taking pictures of objects around corners and imaging inside of objects.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ramesh_raskar_a_c...ames_per_second

If someone is looking for "the next big thing" this will be one of them.

They are already using similar technology to create real-time 3D models of objects by tracking the flight times of photons. We (Ball Aerospace) make the imaging camera that will allow the Orion spacecraft to approach the ISS and provide realtime 3d models of the station during docking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.