Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spare axels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quick six
Looking for one or two 914/6 axels.Spare parts for a race car. I may have someone who can remachine the CVs. I hate to go out of state racing without a spare. Will be through L.A. and around San Diego this weekend for the Zone 8 PCA awards banquet and at Pamona swap meet Sunday. In P/U not Porsche. You never know what you may find at Pamona. Will be at Willow Springs next weekend I am also looking for a sourse for "signal Yellow" paint. My local stores try to mix it up from old specs but haven't found the correct current toners to match up with the old specs to get it right. I hate to end up using one of the new GM yellows.
Eric_Shea
Mittlemotor has the best prices on 914-6 stub axles (if'n that's what you mean).

What's "Signal Yellow"? IPB Image

I know Canary Yellow (in my avatar) and Saturn/Chrome Yellow. What's the color code for "Signal Yellow"?
Eric_Shea
Try Marks color site. Match your paint code with those on the site. Take off your headlight cover and take it in to have it spectrum-matched (underside should be perfect).

Marks Color Site
davep
Signal yellow is Porsche code 114 or in the code used on the 914/6 #5210.
I haven't found it in the VW code yet. There was Signal orange and Signal green as well.
The color itself is a little like a browner shade of yellow. More like the Berber yellow I think. I suspect that it is the color seen on the prototype 914/6 we know so well. That means there are lots of photos to be found by a bit of searching here.
Dave_Darling
I always thought Signal yellow was the eye-searing yellow with an orange tinge ("electric peach"?) that I've seen on a number of early-70s 911s?? (Including a really schweet 73 911S! Yum yum!) Always wondered what a 914 would look like in that color.

--DD
bondo
Ooh, I'm very intrigued by this yellow... I like the new GM yellow, if this is better then it must be awesome. Imagine how much faster signal yellow must be IPB Image

Now I want to see a pic...
Dave_Darling
First--we all know how "iffy" displaying colors on a web browser can be, right?

A link to a page with a list of colors. #1003 is "signal yellow".
http://www.indfinspec.demon.co.uk/ral_colour_chart.htm

A Google search on "Signal yellow" turned up a link to this pic, but the car looks orange to me:
IPB Image

Other cars on there that look a bit more like what I remember the Signal Yellow 2.4S as:
IPB Image
IPB Image

...But those still look too orange-y to my eye....

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
That last car appears to be Bahama Yellow. As seen on The Cap'n's veryowncar, BTW. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.