Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [ANNOUNCE] Arizona PCA Club Race 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bryanc
from the AZPCA website....

Welcome PCA Club Racers

Our Racing Calendar is official! And it offers more track time then ever before! The PCA Club Race is set for February 26-27, 2005 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) – and there is still time to register. Start your PCA Club Racing year in sunny Arizona!

Arizona PCA Club Race 2005: We will have two run groups. On Saturday we are planning two 20-minute and one 25-minute practice session per race group. Plus, 30-minutes of practice starts/sprint races per group. Sunday will feature a 20-minute warm up session, 25-minute qualifying sessions and a 35-minute Sprint Race per each group, plus a 60 minute (combined group) Enduro. Register for the Club Race events through AZPCA. Racers will be able to start home by about 3:00 PM without delay via PIR’s new infield access tunnel. And, late registration fees are waived for this event. See the link to “Schedule” below.

Note: The 2005 PCA Challenge Series originally announced has been postponed and will not be offered during the PCA Club Race.

AZPCA Driver Education: More track time at less cost! AZPCA will conduct a concurrent “Porsche Only” Driver Education event, open to PCA members. We will have two run groups. A 45-minute class on car control and PIR is offered Sat. morning at no cost. Saturday will feature five 20-minute sessions per run group. Sunday will offer two 20-minute and three 30-minute DE sessions per run group! Due to the escalating costs of track rental this may be your last opportunity to drive PIR in the exclusive company of other Porsche drivers. While advance registration is encouraged, you may register for the DE the day of the event (with no late registration fees.) Although a separate event, a registration block for this DE is included on page 2 of the Club Race registration forms via the link below.

Please see links below for detailed event and registration information, daily schedules and hotel/track maps.

PIR Improvements: With PIR’s addition of an infield access tunnel (it’s transporter-capable) you will enjoy easy access to the infield and uninterrupted racing. No more delays waiting to cross the track! And PIR has added a SAFER Barrier to the NASCAR oval, which will provide additional safety in banked turns 10 & 11.
Start 2005 in style in sunny Arizona with a great February weekend of PCA Club Racing. It is not too late -- send in your registration today!

AZPCA Website with more info

We usually have a good turn out of 914's in the race and the DE events. Come try to outrun AZ's fastest!
VegasRacer
PIR is a great track - highly recommended.
If you are thinking about going - DO IT!
bryanc
BUMP, two weeks away!
FMD
Holy crap!?! Only $50 for track time?? Wow wow wow, I guess I really DO need to find me a 914 stat. I'll have to sell my current car first though headbang.gif
bwilless
It will be a fun time, come one come all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.