Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIDEO: Recent Spring Break weekend drive with friends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
Hi all
A couple weekends ago, we took Huey out with a bunch of friends up to the mountains for "Spring Break". Here is a video of some of the drives. We stayed at the Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We all were VERY pleasantly surprised at how nice it was!! Beautiful views out of our room (the opening picture in the video was from our balcony), rooms were very nice, and the food in the restaurant was excellent! We will definitely be back!

Memorize the roads...they might be on a future Okteenerfest!!

Enjoy - Music by Blue Man Group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMN_0cTXFE
boxsterfan
Cool video! But I wanna hear the vrooom vroom!

Seriously though, that looks like a great drive!
bulitt
It's far nicer driving slow and enjoying the scenery.
naro914
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Apr 22 2014, 03:43 PM) *

Cool video! But I wanna hear the vrooom vroom!

was more wind noise than engine noise....plus you could hear the 'tat-tat-tat' of the exhaust leak we developed, and our conversations...some of which you really didn't want to hear...
dcecc1968
Nice video. I've spent a lot of time in that area ....Nantahala, Dupont Forest, Hendersonville, but not sure I've driven on that stretch of the parkway.
naro914
We hadn't been there either. Pisgah Inn was really nice...in the middle of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE along the BRP. Find it on Google Earth, then slowly pan out until you are REALLY far away...eventually you see Brevard, which is really small town...it's a good 30 minutes from anything... Beautiful though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.