Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parade in Hershey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
I had an interesting conversation with the Zone 1 PCA rep the other night. I bring this up because I'm seeing a lot of posts that say, "I'll be at Hershey...". Well, be aware that there is no guarantee that you will get a spot. There are a limited number of spots available for Parade attendees. When they are gone, they are gone. I've provided the registration info below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registration Information
We are proud to announce that Hershey will be the first Parade to conduct electronic registration for all interested participants. We are very excited about using PCA’s new online system that has been designed to streamline the process for registering. Opening day for registration will be Tuesday, January 18, 2005. Online registration will be available at 8 a.m. Eastern Time. There is no need to log on exactly at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time as all registrations until midnight eastern time will have an "equivalent postmark" time.

To register on-line you will need a current PCA logon ID and password. Complete information on obtaining a logon ID can be found at http://www.pca.org/NewUser.asp. To be ready to access the Parade registration site when registration opens, please take a few minutes to try out your logon, especially if it is new or you haven't used it for a while. If you have a problem with a new logon IDs contact the National Office at admin@pcanational.org. For help with existing pca.org accounts contact the webmaster at webmaster@pca.org. If you use the online registration, the fee must be paid by VISA, MASTERCARD or AMEX.

For those not comfortable with submitting their registration online, we have a registration form that you can then fill out, print and send in on Tuesday, January 18, 2005, when Registration opens (Click here for an MS Word File - or here for an Acrobat PDF file). If you prefer to pay by check or money order, you must use one of the paper registration options. Include only one registration per envelope and mail along with payment of the appropriate registration fee to: Porsche Parade 2005, 10315 Waverly Woods Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21042.

Selection of Entrants
Registrations will be accepted based on postmarks and date (not the time) the online registration is submitted. Registrations with postmarks prior to January 18, 2005, will NOT be accepted. Registrations must be submitted online or via the U.S. mail. Each mailed envelope must bear a postage stamp and a valid cancellation. Metered mail, hand deliveries and courier service of any type will NOT be accepted. In case of over subscription the formula in the Region Procedures Manual (RPM) to determine entrants will be followed
mistro
I'm planning on registering on the 18th, to try and join the parade. I'm curious how many other east coast club members plan to try and attend and be in the parade. Rgds, Michael
nein14
Iam too, that is actually my region.
michel richard
Are there both a swapmeet (In April, ususally) and the parade, this year, or the parade only ?
type47
the swap meet is hosted by the local pca region and is separate, i believe, than the parade put on by pca. the swap meet is april, the parade is..... june... july....? not april
mistro
nein14, assuming we both actually 1. register, 2. get a spot in the parade, 3. get our 914's there... We probably should have the club's window sticker and handouts. I'm probaby 250 miles from Hershey. How far are you? Rgds, Michael
Kerrys914
IIRC the swap meet is in June this year and NOT April. The first weekend on the 50th has the swap on Sat.

http://www.pca.org/parade/2005/

Cheers and see you there
i love porsche
ooo...i might want to attend this parade as a spectator....my teener wont be ready yet = [ but it sounds like fun!
nein14
Iam about 50 miles from Hershey just outside of Valley Forge,Pa.
HarveyH
The April calendar for the Central PA PCA chapter lists Saturday April 23 as the CPA Swap Meet, clicking on the link produces a 'Details to Follow' message.
Maybe we'll get two swap meets this year...
Harvey
carreraguy
Thanks for the info Paul! I'm considering going to Hershey with or without a P-car since it is the 50th Parade and should have a great turnout with extra events etc. Of course, it would have been more preferable that the 50th was in Portland next year but thats the breaks! Will defininitely be driving a car to Portland in '06 though!

PS Happy Birthday!
grasshopper
I'll be there IPB Image just cant decide which one to drive??? the 74 six conversion, 70 911T or 75 914-4. I'll just drive the 75. IPB Image
URY914
I'm suprised this thread has gone this long without some wise ass making a comment about the "Parade in Hershey" being on the Hershey Highway.

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image
carreraguy
Yeah, must be because we're all from the "Whine & Cheese" PCA crowd!? IPB Image
wilchek
I am in. I was there last year along with the swap meet. It was a good time, but a lot of stuck up non 914 owners who look like they are too serious to have fun. Look forward to seeing more 914's. Does anyone want to set up a meet point for the 914 to get together. I am east of Hershey, about an hour.
mistro
I'd love to meet somewhere and convoy into Hershey. I'll be going to Hershey from Stamford, Connecticut via New Castle, Delaware (old hometown). Let me know where and when. Rgds, Michael
nein14-6
I will definitely be there as well. Many of the people in my local club (Chesapeake) are on the board.
SGB
I'm driving my 73 up from Alabama by way of DC. I sure hope the club can meet for some, uh, wine & cheese. Actually, beer and chocolate go well together...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.