Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail panel vinyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
I have sail panel vinyl from AA (they say from Germany) and wile I don't believe it is the same as on my parts car it is very close. I also have another thats not at all right disregard, now I have found another that is from Germany as well but very spend$$y. Looking for thoughts on the looks of the AA sail panel vinyl and acceptance.
I should add wile I am doing a restoration on my car I hope it to be a very nice driver, Im not concerned with a concourse show car!
JawjaPorsche
I got my sail panel vinyl from 914Rubber.com. It is not OEM but it is very nice and I like it. I am sure the material you got from AA will do just fine.

Here is a tutorial I did when I replaced mine:

http://76.162.11.251/tuck/sailvinyl.htm
boxsterfan
You only need these 13 characters: 914rubber.com
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(wes @ Apr 23 2014, 04:25 PM) *

I should add wile I am doing a restoration on my car I hope it to be a very nice driver, Im not concerned with a concourse show car!

If it's a driver, use whatever makes you happy. Or even omit the vinyl, if you like!

--DD
Bob L.
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Apr 24 2014, 09:16 AM) *

"914rubber" is only 1 character. His name is Mark. biggrin.gif
'73-914kid
Mikey sells some awesome stuff, and I have no experience with his targa bar vinyl, although I have Camp914's vinyl on my car and am really pleased with the texture and quality. Just another vendor to throw into the mix.
boxsterfan
In another thread here, it was discussed to even try utilizing some vinyl that looked like the brushed aluminum from the 911 targas.

Photoshopped (I think) pic in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=228694

When I restore my 914, I am considering either the "brushed aluminum" vinyl or none. Just something to think about...
malcolm2
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Apr 24 2014, 12:52 PM) *

In another thread here, it was discussed to even try utilizing some vinyl that looked like the brushed aluminum from the 911 targas.

Photoshopped (I think) pic in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=228694

When I restore my 914, I am considering either the "brushed aluminum" vinyl or none. Just something to think about...

Mine looks like that now. Originally a silver car, I pulled the vinyl to check for rust. I should get me a magic marker and add the stripes and "TARGA". aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment
boxsterfan
Got some more pics of your brushed aluminum vinyl install? Looks good from here.
rangrbob
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Apr 24 2014, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Apr 24 2014, 09:16 AM) *

"914rubber" is only 1 character. His name is Mark. biggrin.gif

Any of you know if Mark is still around? He has not returned emails or phone calls. I have been trying to get a status of a set of sail panel vinyl and front trunk liner kit that was on back order from my last purchase. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but they are paid for.
Mikey914
Hey Bob I'm here. Email or PM typically work. If you drop me your email I can look up your order and provide tracking. These are in stock and should have shipped.
I have been tied up at the day job more lately so you may have missed me on the phone.
-Mark
rangrbob
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 24 2014, 06:36 PM) *

Hey Bob I'm here. Email or PM typically work. If you drop me your email I can look up your order and provide tracking. These are in stock and should have shipped.
I have been tied up at the day job more lately so you may have missed me on the phone.
-Mark

Will do. I tought you vanished.
Mikey914
I did find part of the problem. My PM box is full and the mass empty function will not work. I had to go back and manually take out a few, but email will work best.
-Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.