Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914-6 CDI mounting bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
geshaghi
I am looking for the ignition control module mounting bracket for my 914-6. I believe the part no is 914 602 011 00, and it is as shown in the photo below. Mine has somehow gone missing and we are in the process of putting the car back together. I can fab something up to get the car back on the road, but ideally would like to find the correct part. Thanks

Click to view attachment
t collins
QUOTE(geshaghi @ Apr 23 2014, 05:43 PM) *

I am looking for the ignition control module mounting bracket for my 914-6. I believe the part no is 914 602 011 00, and it is as shown in the photo below. Mine has somehow gone missing and we are in the process of putting the car back together. I can fab something up to get the car back on the road, but ideally would like to find the correct part. Thanks

Click to view attachment

Reproduction bracket available from AutoAtlanta
914itis
I have one for you, pm sent!
gcrotvik
QUOTE(t collins @ Apr 23 2014, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(geshaghi @ Apr 23 2014, 05:43 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Reproduction bracket available from AutoAtlanta

Go with an original OE bracket if you can find one. I purchased a repro from AA and it was marginal. Maybe George has a new vendor these days but the one I purchased 2 years ago wasn't well manufactured.

Greg
914itis
Pics as requested
raynekat
I'm also looking for one of these.
Does anyone have another spare one of these brackets that I could purchase?

Also I would to see a picture of where and how this bracket mounts in the engine compartment.

Thanks to anyone who can help....
Mark Henry
QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 10 2015, 07:08 AM) *

I'm also looking for one of these.
Does anyone have another spare one of these brackets?

Also I would to see a picture of where and how this bracket mounts in the engine compartment.

Thanks to anyone who can help....

It mounts to the front side edge of the battery tray, just like the FI brain does on a /4
Jeffs9146
Here is the AA one mounted with a MSD Ign.
skier2.0
Very nice for a concours car but for a driver you are better off mounting on the firewall away from the battery, my 2 cents.
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 10 2015, 03:13 PM) *

Tombo914
QUOTE(skier2.0 @ Aug 10 2015, 08:57 PM) *

Very nice for a concours car but for a driver you are better off mounting on the firewall away from the battery, my 2 cents.

Hi,

I understand there is a reason to keep it away from the battery, but is this really the original position? I was desperately looking where to install the bracket and only found this older picture. Are these suspension screws original, too?

Thanks
Markus
Al Meredith
Check with Auto Atlanta I think they are having them made new.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Tombo914 @ Jan 28 2021, 02:33 PM) *

Hi,

I understand there is a reason to keep it away from the battery, but is this really the original position? I was desperately looking where to install the bracket and only found this older picture. Are these suspension screws original, too?

Thanks
Markus

It is the original position. They were not usually damaged by
battery acid.
The suspension mounts are not original.
Three allens CD to bracket, three 4mm screws bracket to battery tray
Tombo914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 28 2021, 06:02 PM) *

Hi,

Thanks
Markus

battery acid.

Great! Perfect!

Thank you so much. This really helps.

Looks like yours is like new. What is the gauge on the right for?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Tombo914 @ Jan 28 2021, 08:19 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 28 2021, 06:02 PM) *

Hi,

Thanks
Markus

battery acid.

Great! Perfect!

Thank you so much. This really helps.

Looks like yours is like new. What is the gauge on the right for?

It's an inline fuel pressure gauge.
Installed temporarily to verify Carter rotary pump pressure was correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.