Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Doe's anyone in the area know the car?? Or better yet know the seller, looks like Ed Ducey, I think he also goe''s as propricer??
http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/55496707.html
I have already emailed him for more info.
CCLINCRAIGSLIST
Jenny
I was just looking at it. Down in Gilroy. At first I thought it said $1600. Saw the pic, it looked gorgeous, did a double take on the price, and noticed there was another zero, and it's a 6. IPB Image

Jen
boxstr
Looks good , doesn't it?? Just not sure who the seller is??
Jen if you don't have a trans by WCC I will bring one down in the Jeep, since I will tow dolly the 914-??
CCLININTERSTATETRANSPORT
Demick
From the description, I'd say the car is worth about $9K
Root_Werks
What a clean looking 914-6, I love that color. $14k, sure the guy doesn't sound too interetsted in selling it anyway. Nice original six like that, I would price it up there and if no takers, just keep it myself. IPB Image
Jenny
Craig, I've got two kinks that need working out on my car right now. The alt., and my tranny. I'm hoping to have them both sorted out before the AX school I'm registering for on Feb 26th. If I end up having a string of really shitty luck and still need a tranny by WWC (which I won't be attending if I'm tranny-less) I will be very grateful for one of yours. Much thanks for offering! IPB Image

Jen
Dave_Darling
Jen, I should be able to help out next month. (A bit busy this month, moving and all.) I should even have space to do the work by then!!

--DD
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Demick @ Jan 13 2005, 09:05 AM)
From the description, I'd say the car is worth about $9K

I agree with Demick....9K max, needs a LOT of expensive work.

The owner's estimates on repairs are low and resale are optimistic....

BTW, he's dropped it 14K...still too much...
Jenny
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jan 13 2005, 09:47 AM)
Jen, I should be able to help out next month. (A bit busy this month, moving and all.) I should even have space to do the work by then!!

--DD

IPB Image Do you need help moving? I've got a truck!

Jen
anthony
What a clean looking 914-6

Every car looks clean in a small low res, digital pic. The owner describes it as needing engine, interior, and paint. Basically, it needs everything.
davep
Owner is on this list as 'jtummine', but no posts to his credit.
propricer
I am the owner of the 914-6 in question.

For those of you who seem to feel that I am trying to deceive the buying public, I have added the following line to my CraigsList ...

Let me say that again VERY clearly - this car needs a COMPLETE restoration - and that is NOT cheap !

If you question the value or the price, simply move on - there is no negotiation. If it sells to the right ( local ) party, great. If it doesn't, it becomes my summer project.

What more can I say ...
Jenny
QUOTE (propricer @ Jan 13 2005, 12:56 PM)
For those of you who seem to feel that I am trying to deceive the buying public, I have added the following line to my CraigsList ...

Let me say that again VERY clearly - this car needs a COMPLETE restoration - and that is NOT cheap !

I got that pretty clearly from your ad this morning. Will need to spend lots of time and love on the car. It's a honest ad. We're just cheap! IPB Image

Jen
Joe Bob
Old Joe Bob won't EVEN talk to me about selling it.....

Oh and bye the way...you can ask any price you want for that car. It's yours. I and others were giving honest opinions based on our experience....If YOU think I was ragging on it to beat the price down......well that's your opinion.....
Mueller
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 13 2005, 02:37 PM)
Old Joe Bob won't EVEN talk to me about selling it.....

Oh and bye the way...you can ask any price you want for that car. It's yours. I and others were giving honest opinions based on our experience....If YOU think I was ragging on it to beat the price down......well that's your opinion.....

maybe you are too well known with your sawsall antics IPB Image IPB Image

he's trying to save this one from getting the windshield and roof removed by you IPB Image
Joe Bob
I only cut the roofs off of rusty pos 356s......you'll be eating yer words when it's done and it runs circles around yer Porsche.....wait, I can do that NOW....none of yerz run.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 13 2005, 02:51 PM)
...none of yerz run.....

but they are all technologically advanced space age yard ornaments! IPB Image IPB Image
Mueller
none of yerz run.....
.....believe it or not my 911 has always run fine (cause I don't touch it, LOL) and my latest 914 runs and drives fine....of course this is due to me not taking it apart IPB Image
propricer
Thanx, Jenny, I appreciate your comments.
Best ... Ed
EdwardBlume
Ed, I recognized the pict of the car (in 2002) Marina right? Cathy's got 9 AXs planned and booked for the site for 2005. Freshen up the engine and we'll see you out there.

IMO - keep the car.. its the type you regret selling later... even if you get the K's you want for it.
skline
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 13 2005, 09:35 AM)
Craig, I've got two kinks that need working out on my car right now. The alt., and my tranny. I'm hoping to have them both sorted out before the AX school I'm registering for on Feb 26th. If I end up having a string of really shitty luck and still need a tranny by WWC (which I won't be attending if I'm tranny-less) I will be very grateful for one of yours. Much thanks for offering! IPB Image

Jen

I dont think that is a true statement Jenny, If you dont have a tranny by WCC, you will still be going and taking your car. If you dont have one by then, I will personally come up a day early and bring my spare with me and install it so you can go. Dont even think of getting out of it that easy. I am sure I could find help to do that too.
propricer
Rob ... I appreciate the words of encouragement but, even if the Silver 6 were to go away, I still have the Orange 6 and the last time we took that to Marina, we took TTOD even against the trailered in, race prepared 996 twin turbo !!!

Again, thanx for the encouragement ... Ed
Jenny
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 13 2005, 09:19 PM)
I dont think that is a true statement Jenny, If you dont have a tranny by WCC, you will still be going and taking your car. If you dont have one by then, I will personally come up a day early and bring my spare with me and install it so you can go. Dont even think of getting out of it that easy. I am sure I could find help to do that too.

IPB Image Wow. Thanks Scott. I don't know what to say. That's an amazing offer. Hopefully I won't have to take you up on it, but I really appreciate you offering. IPB Image

Jen IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.