Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How did you guys miss this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
good buy for $2k. Saw the ebay ad in March. VIN is 4742918807
biosurfer1
I don't know if I would call it a 914-6 clone if it doesn't have the -6 part. Still a good price though if the ONLY thing missing is the engine, i.e. all other 6 parts included
Bruce Hinds
No engine tranny or Fuchs.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Apr 24 2014, 03:04 PM) *

I don't know if I would call it a 914-6 clone if it doesn't have the -6 part. Still a good price though if the ONLY thing missing is the engine, i.e. all other 6 parts included

Hardly a "clone" There's a TON of stuff missing, the dash is different, the column, the mount, the hand throttle, the shifter mechanism, the seats. Are you aware the wiper motors are different? The seller is using buzz words that seem attractive but mislead potential buyers. A "clone" is an EXACT copy, not a "kinda/sorta replica.

The Cap'n
Ferg
Sheridan Wyoming shades.gif

Google that with Porsche sales and U can likely find a few threads on pelican and early S registry about the seller. unsure.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 24 2014, 03:31 PM) *

agree.gif
budk
Look at his other auctions and the smart-ass answers that he gives to questions asked by supposedly interested bidders. WTF.gif

I wouldn't buy from him.
carr914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 24 2014, 06:31 PM) *

Google that with Porsche sales and U can likely find a few threads on pelican and early S registry about the seller. unsure.gif

^Yep^

& there is Nothing Special about the car. I think it's overpriced right now
rgalla9146
OK, lets see.....
911 front suspension... oil tank of very questionable usefulness.... ( installed with a hand grenade too !)..... most likely converted rear hubs and rotors.... 6 heat exchangers ( perfect I'm sure !)..... '74 914 chassis with change color.... ( maybe a zipper across the pan).... no title.... a seller of questionable.......well, you know.... and it's $1000 away from either coast.
A whole lot'o pot luck
Larmo63
Not a clone in any way. A wanna be if anything. Maybe the buyer bought it to part it?
rick 918-S
I would have paid 2k for the roller with the oil tank and heat exchangers. From what I see the hell hole looked solid as does the pan. The guy may be less than reliable but the car looked worth 2k if it wasn't wrecked in the front. Forget the clone B.S. we all know what's up there. I've paid more than that for the right roller plus transported it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.