Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FG front bumper without holes for horn grilles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john77
I saw a couple of cars on the Hershey thread with black FG front bumpers without the holes for horn grilles. I did a search but couldn't find any. Does someone make these or is my eye sight getting worse and the owners have screwed black plates over them?

Click to view attachment

Thanks
John
bulitt
QRS Fiberglass.
CptTripps
Do the QRS parts fit better/worse than others?

Just curious.
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(john77 @ Apr 24 2014, 10:06 PM) *

I saw a couple of cars on the Hershey thread with black FG front bumpers without the holes for horn grilles. I did a search but couldn't find any. Does someone make these or is my eye sight getting worse and the owners have screwed black plates over them?

Click to view attachment

Thanks
John

In Los Angeles... Peter at Rennspeed has them. If you want the openings you can cut them out. Ones he sells are untrimmed at the grills.
john77
Thanks guys.

CptTripps - Best fitting FG 914 bumpers was going to be the next thing I googled smile.gif
Moneypit
Curious as well on the fittment of FG bumpers/bumper tops. I figure shedding weight is always a good thing, and the chrome on the existing bumpers would have to be re-done. Was wondering whether these require a lot of hand fitting in case I don't have top-shelf body and paint services locally available.
AZ914
Patrick Motorsports sells them too. Not sure who the manufacturer is...
00r101
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Apr 25 2014, 03:07 PM) *

AirCooled racing sells them and they were at the swap and had stock. But theirs do not have grill indents. I just had them put both front and rear. Note that these are 914-6GT copies. You can tell they are for the 6 because they have an opening for a front mounted oil cooler. Aircooled phone is 717.432.4116
1560 Old Mountain Rd, Wellsville, PA, 17365
Qarl
This appears to me to be a standard 914-6 GT bumper with coverplates over the opening.

It looks to me like there are screws in the corners that would normally attach the fog grills.

john77
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Apr 25 2014, 12:07 PM) *

Odd, I looked at Patrick before I posted the thread and could only see them with cutout.
Mike Bellis
American International Racing probably has them.

John usually will discount the price if you donate to his Aids charity. I just got an email from him about his Aids bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles coming up.
Rotary'14
I have a set front and rear that I would let go. I'm in Los Angeles and I'll be going to the G&R flesh roast if you want to meet there. PM me if you are interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.